Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bencredo

1. Freedom!

After going through all of this, I find that there is only one lingering question in my mind...WHY DID I NOT DO THIS SOONER! When the doctor told me that they were going to take out 85% of my stomach, I was not surprised. When they told me that it would include the hunger gland, I raised my eyebrows a bit. But let me tell you...I do not feel hungry at all!!!

I have started eating solid foods and for the first time since my surgery, I feel more like myself. I have more energy and ...
  2. Post-Op (inion)

Okay...two days after surgery and I am doing great. For those of you considering Weightlossagents.com and going to Tijuana for your surgery with Dr. Hernandez, let me tell you that I have had NO problems. I am back at the hotel after an overnight stay and slept at the hotel last night. Not any pain today! I am doing great and looking forward to getting back home. The staff here are very professional. If you know a little Espanol, it certainly helps, but is not needed. I would certainly not ...
  3. Beginnings (Part Deux)

Alright...so....tomorrow begins my preop diet. As I understand it, I need to have a protein shake in the morning, broth for Lunch, and then a simple protein for Dinner. Well, this is going to be unusual, but I better get used to it. As I understand it, this will be my fare after the surgery for at least a couple of weeks (minus the simple protein at night) until my stomach heals.

I am nervous. Not so much about the procedure, but that I will do something wrong after the surgery ...
  4. The Beginning

The purpose of this blog is hopefully to encourage others in their efforts to lose weight. I realize that not everyone is the same, so I can only give you my viewpoint of the gastric bypass procedure that I am going through.

I have struggled with my weight for over half my life. Weight gain began for me when I got married. I became comfortable. We had kids and we were living the American Dream. But after 15 years of marriage, my world came crumbling down when my wife decided ...