Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Who's the boss?-140's-run baby run-C25K-NSV

Rate this Entry
Tick tock another one dropped! I am out of the 150's!! I am 149...still obese though. When I lose 1 more pound I will officially just be overweight! Oh that sounds delightful! LOL. Seriously, though, I can't wait to just be overweight and no longer obese.
Sunday is usually a blog day for me but yesterday was so stinking busy. Got up and went for my run. It felt great. Hubby is still out of commission from his ankle but I am having no issues going alone. It was week 6 day 1 for C25K. After warm up it was 5m run, 3m walk, 8m run, 3m walk, 5m run then cool down. It felt pretty good. I am ready to start looking for a good pair of running shoes. I have definitely earned them. I keep hearing Brooks is a good brand but I am going to do some serious research.
Then we were going to a super bowl party so I had to make a fruit and veggie tray. Lots of prepping for that. And I took my daughter out to buy some new jeans. The kid is growing like a weed. I was looking at her pants and thinking....I am going to fit those some day. LOL. To be fair, she is 2 inches taller than me.
Then we headed over to our friends house for the game. It was nice because I had my veggie tray to munch on. My friends also had chicken breast for tacos and pulled pork. So I had my meat and even ate some salsa on my chicken. I didn't eat much but had a few hours to slowly get my calories in. The weird for me at any social gathering is watching people gorge themselves with more calories than they should and think back to when that used to be me. And not wanting to have all those foods. Like no desire. I think my cravings have been under control since I eat low carb. I think if I was eating more carbs I would crave them.
The worst thing about yesterday was getting home a little later than I wanted to and staying up too late. I didn't get enough sleep and I was kinda hating life this morning. And tonight I have to pick up my nephew from the airport. He is going to be staying a few days before he moves to Korea. He is in the military. He was living with us prior to going into the Air Force this past August. This will be the first time he has seen me since surgery. I am excited to show off! His mother had gastric sleeve, too, so he knows I had surgery and what to expect.
Work is going really well. I am so blessed to have a job and a company that I love. Hope you all have a fantastic week and hit some goals either weight wise, health wise, exercise wise, and any other NSV (non scale victory)!

Submit "Who's the boss?-140's-run baby run-C25K-NSV" to Digg Submit "Who's the boss?-140's-run baby run-C25K-NSV" to del.icio.us Submit "Who's the boss?-140's-run baby run-C25K-NSV" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who's the boss?-140's-run baby run-C25K-NSV" to Google

Comments

Congratulations on your progress. what kind of work out is c25k? cant wait till i can do more than walk.
    You do not look anywhere near obese!

You'll have to run for me for a month while by broken neck heals! I will have to find fun fashion to go with a neck brace. It won't be a blouse that's for sure. Sweaters I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Congratulations on your progress. what kind of work out is c25k? cant wait till i can do more than walk.
    It is a program that eases you into running. It is awesome! I did it years ago and was very successful with it. Now that I am getting thinner I decided to do it again. I like to do races once I am in shape. So my goal is to do a half marathon by December of this year. They have one in my town.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You do not look anywhere near obese!

You'll have to run for me for a month while by broken neck heals! I will have to find fun fashion to go with a neck brace. It won't be a blouse that's for sure. Sweaters I think.
    What?? What did you do to your neck??? I hope it heals quickly. That must be terrible. Yikes.
    Thanks for saying I don't look obese. While I know I still need to lose a little bit I keep looking at myself wondering how I am classified as obese. I keep chugging along. I guess I will know when I get to the weight that looks "healthy" on me. I put 120 but my range for my height is 92-123. At 92 lbs I would look like a skeleton. So I will see as I get closer what feels "right" for me.
    Fractured the C2 vertebrae after a fall down the stairs during the super bowl that I don't remember. No exercise (not even walking, except around the house) for a month. Not to mention no running, skiing, anything fun. YUCK!!! But I'm not paralyzed, so I am happy. Sounds like that was a very likely option with this vertebrae.