Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

InnerBeauty

150 lbs gone!!! It's a constant battle.....

Rate this Entry
I've had a hell of a six months, stress and more stress, thank god for my Sleeve, I at least maintained my weight instead of steadily gaining like I would of done before. However, I didn't exercise much during this period.

Wow, after weeks of yoyoing the same 3lbs up and down, I realised my body thought it was in maintenance, so I cut the sugary carbs and regular snacking at night and started taking my exercise seriously.

After visiting the physio to sort out my frozen hip and knee pain, I realised I was in this mess because I simply stopped moving my body regularly, even though I'd lost 140lbs. It was a slow start about 12 weeks ago, doing circuits on a free YMCA get fit course once a week. Now I'm trying all sorts to see if I like it. Just started spinning classes and love them. I now go to aqua fit/zumba/swim, gaining my confidence again in the water :-). I also tried circuits and aerobic classes and free-weight (no machines) strength training at my local leisure centre. I've deliberately stayed away from the gym to try new things, I was finding the cross trainer a little boring.

My hip and knee pain will always be there,I have arthritis, but I have a greater range of movement now and my next adventure is to learn to ride a bike with my 12 year old son. We have 5 classes booked :-).

I'm 1 yr and 5months out and lost 150lbs from my heaviest (89 lbs since surgery) and my BMI has gone from 60 to 35. I aim to loose the last 50lbs within the rest of my 2nd year and then concentrate on body building (that's my dream). I want to build some muscle so my knees last a bit longer.

Submit "150 lbs gone!!! It's a constant battle....." to Digg Submit "150 lbs gone!!! It's a constant battle....." to del.icio.us Submit "150 lbs gone!!! It's a constant battle....." to StumbleUpon Submit "150 lbs gone!!! It's a constant battle....." to Google

Comments

Good for you! I also need to get serious about exercise! Take care!
    It is a constant struggle but one that we can win. Good job on the weight loss so far and great job on the re-dedication to meet your goal.
    WOW.... GREAT JOB!!!
    Very impressive!

I've also got bum knees. I figure when they get too bum, I'll have them replaced. And then keep on moving.

Huge congrats on your weight loss and your continued commitment to good health.
    Congratulations on your success!