Surgeon
    Dr. Garcia @ Ready 4 A Change in Tij, Mexico
    Last Activity
    11-04-2016 09:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Still Stalled, loosing very little, but eating little as well? What's up? Help A Sistah Out?

Hey Family, I have been stalled since summer, August 10th, but I did go on a cruise, and ate more than I ever could, lots of steak, at the time I was 4 months out, today I am 6 months, out starting today my 7th month. I only dropped 2 lbs from 286 to 232, today I was 230 praise the Lord

I am feeling some kind of way though, I see so much weight loss, am I not drinking enough protein shakes, I do eat food, and 1 shake only in morning, I do not work out a lot at all, skin well the legs wrinkly, can you tell me what to do.....dropped from a 22/24 to a 16w...I am loving life, clothes, and feeling better but want the weight off and body toned,.
    Tell me experts what do do............Summer is in 6 months........I am trying to be at 160 and tight and toned.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Donald Schwab
    Last Activity
    06-13-2016 02:14 PM
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 274 Times in 246 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,770 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Still Stalled, loosing very little, but eating little as well? What's up? Help A Sistah Out?

First off if you are losing inches then you are not stalled. If you lost 2 pounds that is NOT a stall. You are now at 6 months out and that my friend gives you the ability to eat more. A lot of people slow down a little after 6 months and then again at a year. I know that I have slowed down to a stop after six months but that is MY fault. I dont always eat the best things for me. Steak is not bad as it is a very dense protien and will keep you full for lont periods of time.

You yourself mention that you dont exercise. Here lies one of your issues. You need to do some sort of activities to increase metabolism. The funny thing about exercise is that it doesnt just burn calories while you are working out. It raises your metabolism for HOURS. At six months out you should be getting almost all of your protiens from foods so it isnt the protien drinks. How much water are you drinking? Water flushes out the fats and toxins that your body makes. You do not say how much your are eating either. IF you are not consuming enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and then it will not burn any fat. You need to shake things up. IF you are keep doing the same thing every day your body becomes used to it. You need to shake it up. Now get off the couch and start that exercise and drink lots of water. Godspeed on your journey.
    LIFE is NOT a Spectator SPORT!!

Highest weight ----343 lbs 2008
    First Consult weight--288 lbs 3/10/13
    Surgical weight ---266 lbs 5/10/13
    Lowest adult weight 237 lbs 12/03/13

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Laycock
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 69 Times

Default Re: Still Stalled, loosing very little, but eating little as well? What's up? Help A Sistah Out?

You say you want a toned body, but you say you don't work out. Uh, how does that work. If there is a fairy that flies around toning people up with no effort, I WANT ONE!!!! Seriously though, I think you know what you need to do. It is right there in your own post! Listen to yourself, and GOOD LUCK!!!

Surgery date
    03/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pedkomeni
    Last Activity
    03-20-2023 05:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

I am in the same boat with you. I started out at 287 and I got sleeved only 1 month before you and I am down to 228. I always read about how much people that have had their sleeve down close to us are down in onederland and I so want that. I do not that since I started a new job and have earlier morning hours- I don't exercise as much and I really cant eat that much, water is a whole nother subject. I know that i have this tool and i plan to use it, lets make it work for us and not against us. We can do this so lets get off our butts and exercise like we are suppose too (a little daily walk is also good) get more walker down and watch what happens. I know it works because it has in the past. I have been on a stall since the beginning of sept the 8th to be exact. I have not gained nor loss a pound. maybe a few inches her and there but never a full pound. I use to think I was just a slow loser, but in reality I know I need to put more effort to this. I am now use to my new hours (5am) and started walking on Thursday of this past week, I plan to continue until I reach my goal. Good luck on your journey you can do this.