Surgeon
    Dr. Halmi/ Dr. Nain
    Last Activity
    05-10-2017 07:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Default 3 Months Out- Good, Bad and Ugly

I had serious compliications after my surgey, something they should have caught. This caused an extra month from work and a serious emotional toll on my family. I went to two followup appts. and they weren't very helpful or sympathetic. They didn't pick up on the problem then either. It took an ER visit.
    When I drink I feel full and sick, and this is just after two or three small swallows. So water and protein shakes are hard to get down and take forever. I'm not past the pureed foods. Anytime I try to eat real food (still soft food recommended for this stage) I get hot and nauseous, so I go back to teas.'s of yogurt and soup. Sweets are out of the question even sugar free tastes to sweet(even shakes). I don't feel hungry just thirsty. I don't know if thats good or bad.
    I try to take vitamins but those make me sick to. I take nexium and use papay enzyme pills when I try to eat regular foods. Sometimes, I feel like someone kicked me on my right side. I rarely go to the bathroom and use drugstore "assistance" regularly.

I've lost a good amount of weight(starvation?) so i'm holding on to that. It's a great distraction to see peoples reactions to the weight loss, and it's fun fitting the skinny clothes in the back of the closet.
    I'm trying to stay focused and positive that this will pass. Mainly because you guys say it will. I should go back to my Dr. but i don't trust or like them right now. So i'm looking for a lawyer and a new Dr.

Would I do it again ? Under normal circumstances, Yes.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member VSGOct2011's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Guillermo Alvarez
    Last Activity
    07-04-2013 09:22 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 112 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 72 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 3 Months Out- Good, Bad and Ugly

So sorry you've had such a bad experience. Can only hope you find healing and wellness soon since this is supposed to be the beginning of a positive new experience. What exactly are those complications if you don't mind - was it something that happened during surgery or your body's response to it? Share if you are comfortable doing so, but don't if you think it would impede your legal plan of action. Just wondering if it's something others have experienced also or if it's a complication unique to you.

Take care hon, hope you get feeling well again soon

Surgery date
    09/19/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr.Parker
    Last Activity
    05-09-2012 08:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 88 Times
    Was Thanked 197 Times in 150 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 136 Times
    Blog Entries

Gosh, you have really been through it. I can imagine it has taken a toll on you and your family. I am DISGUSTED when the doctors are unsympathetic towards THEIR patients when there are complications. I would go to the department of health and file a complaint against his license if you think there is malpractice after checking with your lawyer. Most licensing agency will tell you under the department of health if there has been other problems with this surgeon or if he has had any deficiency or investigation online. I am very suspicious of Docs when they don't go all the way with follow through when there has been a complication. Good luck.

Surgery date
    08/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos kelly
    Last Activity
    11-06-2013 01:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 189 Times
    Was Thanked 169 Times in 154 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 93 Times
    Blog Entries

this was done in the USA? and this dr isn't caring for you? I would seek another dr asap. you shouldn't be starving yourself, you wll have other problems if you can't get in the nurisment you need. you need our vitamins, protein and water. Ihope that you find some relef soon!