12/22/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hany Basson
    Last Activity
    12-29-2022 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Still In Italy (If you feel like reading)

Hey Folks,
    29DPO & 39DPO Still in Italy, we finish our bi-annual SIM training tomorrow, then leaving for Cairo. I have had a few rough days without my every bite & sip pre planned to the exact time, portion and glass color. (LAURA) .......... This Morning met my crew for breakfast, a couple of small bites, lots of chewing and smiling, a sip of "doppia capachino", then sit and wait 30 minutes for the others to finish. These are small people but I was amazed at how much free food they can consume, 6 short months ago my wife and I were on the other side at the head of that table, making takeaway ham and cheese sandwiches for later, you know for the meal between breakfast and lunch... So lets say week 4 is all about bringing on the semi solid foods. After 3000 or so protein shakes we deserve to use our molars, We want Molars!, Molars Lives Matter! There should be a "NOTE:" practice at home first! Truth of the mater is we can't/shouldn't take in more then a few small well chewed bites, anymore and it might reappear without notice.... Plus what we, My wife and I have discovered first hand, real pain when your new stomach is over filled. I believe this is when the body says, get rid of the fancy napkin and salad fork, find me a container. If you happen to have the champagne it comes in a ice bucket.

Forty minutes at the table and all I got was 165 Cal, 17 Carb, 3 Fat, 4 Pro, 193 Sod, 7 Sug, ...... Back to the room to mix a shake......

I guess the moral of this story is: When you enter the 4th week take it slow with the semi solid food, each person has a different reaction. What lesson Laura and I learned is that we must follow our gut feelings. We will never be able to feast as before, nor do we want to damage our new food processing system. So, think small, miss small, and enjoy........ Y'all have a GREAT DAY!!

Another interesting thing about Italy, needed some new PO underclothes, At 4 weeks -26 Lbs certain clothes look like they are falling off, Yeah Hoooo I went from a USA tight 2XL, to a Italian tight 2XL..... about a meter of cloth separate the 2...... When I was shopping in Milam they had T-shirts marked XSmall.... They must be clothing Ameba's and full bodied Hollywood Stars. Go figure... J Out

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Leslieann's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    leslie
    Surgery date
    01/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Shillingford
    Last Activity
    02-05-2019 07:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Still In Italy (If you feel like reading)

Great post!! Thanks!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Still In Italy (If you feel like reading)

Hahahaha. Yes American sizes are no where near comparable to sizing in other countries. You think Italian clothes run smaller....you should see the Asian sizes. LOL. You know, I am 11 weeks now and I still can't eat much more. Obviously more than 4 weeks but definitely not a lot. I have learned to make meals out with friends more about socializing and less about eating. I take tiny bites and talk a lot. Occasionally check my phone. It is a whole new ball game but you get used to it.

6. Said thanks: