Dr. Christopher Eagan
    Last Activity
    11-27-2020 12:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 178 Times in 142 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Cool Thinking about surgery

Hello everyone!
    My name is Amanda. I'm 36, and am needing to lose about 100 lbs. I've been overweight since the age of
    12 and now I am pre diabetic. I've talked with my psychologist (who happens to be one of the psychologists who counsels
    the bariatric surgery patients in my city) and he thinks this could be a great solution for me.

I joined the forum to do research, gather as much info as I can! Still waiting to see how much it will cost with insurance coverage.

So far, I'm seeing that it's been pretty successful for the folks here. It's just scary to think about having most of your stomach cut
    away.

Anyways, I hope to be sharing my journey soon!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/11/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Forrester
    Last Activity
    03-24-2018 12:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 333 Times in 251 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Thinking about surgery

Hi. Welcome. It is a lot to think about for sure. I think going through the process to get approval for surgery helps you figure out if you are making the right decision for you and want to go forward or not. I am only 1 week post op so I don't have a lot of experience, but the procedure and hospital stay were easy for me. The anticipation was by far worst part. Finding a surgeon you love is also important. I met with a couple in my practice and ultimately chose one that I for whatever reason felt connected to the best. I felt like he understood me and my concerns and even right before surgery knew how to answer my questions to make me feel ok.

Surgery Day Weight 1/11: 300
    Month 1: -34 pounds, -25 inches

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Thinking about surgery

I agree. I think going through insurance makes you really understand things. I also felt like I received a lot of really good information from my surgeon's office. And I still have access to them any time I need it and regular follow ups to check me out. I like knowing that I can ask any question I have and also I have unlimited free support group meetings at my surgeons office. So far I have been lucky because I have felt very successful and in control so I have not needed to attend. But it is a comfort to know it is there for me. Good luck on your journey.