Dr Philip Lou Chin MD
    Last Activity
    12-03-2017 05:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 81 Times
    Was Thanked 111 Times in 79 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Default Why is this so hard

Hello everyone,

I have been going through some things and stayed away from the forum because there is always one or two people that always come on my post with negativity instead of support and I've already beat myself up enough. So if your reading this and only have bad or negative comments please move on.

I'm very embarrassed to write this. So in Nov I gave you all a update. I met the surgeon and he told me to lose 25 pounds and I'm all set for surgery. Well here I am a month and a half later no where close. I lost 9 pounds and the. Over the last week gained 3 😢. So now I'm back to needing to lose 20-21 pounds. Like what is wrong with me my surgery is so close I've done all the classes, psych evaluation, blood work support groups and I'm stuck. What else is sad is through my insurance it's only 100 dollars but if I go to Mexico it's 4,400 (and I'm really considering that)

Yes I know the surgery is a tool and I have to still work hard but I'm at that point where I need a tool to help so please forgive me if I don't want to hear the speech or be talked down too because I get it.

I've even confiscated going to the diet dr for a month to get appetite suppressants to help me get this 20 pounds off. Sorry this post is all over the place I'm just stressed depressed and so mad at myself

Weight @ Consult: 301 (11/11/16)
    Pre OP Appt: 269 2/28/17
    Surgery Date: 264 3/9/17
    1 Week Post Op: 256.9 3/16/17
    2 Week Post Op: 250.0 3/23/17
    3 Week Post Op: 248.1 3/30/17

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member BelleKreyol's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/13/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Verboonen
    Last Activity
    11-11-2017 02:39 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Why is this so hard

Hi Nita,

Congrats on preparing for surgery. You're definitely being too hard on yourself. You wouldn't be having the surgery if losing weight was easy. I say the first thing you need to do is cut yourself some slack, and get to a plan that works for you. This will help you prepare for your new lifestyle. Have you tried juicing? Could cutting out sweets, carbs, and fatty foods help? Are you exercising, even walking up the stairs instead of using the elevator? I would also keep a weight loss diary. This might help your surgeon get a better glimpse at what's going on and still agreeing to perform the surgery. As for Mexico, I too am going to Mexico. It cost me more like 8k including hotel, airfare for me and my husband. So, if you have insurance that will cover it where you are, I would take it. If you've increased your activity level, cut out junk and are still not losing, then I would check if your hormones are okay (tyroid, etc). I don't think your surgeon would not perform the surgery if not losing those 25 lbs is related to another health issue. But with that being said...most doctors will not operate if your liver is fat. Either way you will still have to commit to the pre-op diet. And with that, although you may not lose weight, you may lose inches, etc.

I hope this helps. We definitely have been in your shoes.

Belle

5. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Barb
    Surgery date
    06/16/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Luca Giordano
    Last Activity
    12-26-2017 07:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 88 Times
    Was Thanked 103 Times in 79 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 64 Times
    Blog Entries

Yeah dont be so hard on yourself. Losing weight is a STRUGGLE! Thats why we are all here. This is a support group and the fact that people are harsh with you well don't listen to the negativity. You need to be strong for yourself. Know why? Becuse you are worth it. I had the surgery 6 months ago and I strayed off my plan this week and feel guilty as hell. But i realize what i need to do for me and i will get back on track. The fact that insurance is paying for yours is amazing. Go that route if you can. I did the liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery and that helped. I forced myself to walk for 30 minutes a day. You have to move to move that metabolism. Focus on you and when you finally get this tool you will be amazed what you can do with it. Keep us posted on what i know will be your success.

7. Said thanks:

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Last Activity
    12-21-2018 09:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 774 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 169 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,104 Times

Oh sweetie! I feel your pain! Don't be to hard on yourself! Have you tried another doctor? Is there one that will take all your pre-op stuff and do the surgery without the weight loss? Have you told your doctor how much you are struggling? Either way I hope you get your surgery, my thoughts and prayers are with you! Hugs! <3

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Nita
    Surgery date
    03/09/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Philip Lou Chin MD
    Last Activity
    12-03-2017 05:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 81 Times
    Was Thanked 111 Times in 79 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Thank you so much for your comments and support today I started looking into Dr Mario Almanza through weightlossagents.com. I'm willing to pay for it to get my tool and start my new life. I would love to save the money but instead I rather save my mind and body

Weight @ Consult: 301 (11/11/16)
    Pre OP Appt: 269 2/28/17
    Surgery Date: 264 3/9/17
    1 Week Post Op: 256.9 3/16/17
    2 Week Post Op: 250.0 3/23/17
    3 Week Post Op: 248.1 3/30/17

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes. If we could all lose weight easily we would have done it without surgery. That's what got us here. We could not lose the weight in our own. We were sick of the yo-yo dieting. Tired of being overweight. Tired of dieting and exercising to lose very little or not at all. I know your doctor probably wants to make sure you're committed but 25 lbs is a lot. Don't let negative things bring you down. I'm sure they were well intentioned. Sometimes the delivery isn't right though. And while some people need tough love for some it has the opposite effect. Big hugs. Good luck!!

13. Said thanks: