Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Gastric Sleeve Member Lisa73me's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 06:28 PM
    Location
    Fort Worth TX
    Posts
    198
    Said "Thanks" 430 Times
    Was Thanked 79 Times in 68 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 232 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Oh my gosh! Thank you so very much for this post! It answered a lot of my questions! I feel more at ease now. I have a little less than a month and as the days go by, it gets more real! Eek!
    Did they do a leak test? Did you have to drink blue stuff?
    Thanks again!



  2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
  3. #17
    Gastric Sleeve Member SCHERYL's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/07/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:30 PM
    Posts
    60
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Yes the day before you go home they have a different doctor independent do a leak test and give you a picture of your new belly



  4. Said thanks:


  5. #18
    Gastric Sleeve Member SCHERYL's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/07/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:30 PM
    Posts
    60
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    They do make you drink the blue stuff basically it's just colored water.



  6. Said thanks:


  7. #19
    Gastric Sleeve Member Lisa73me's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 06:28 PM
    Location
    Fort Worth TX
    Posts
    198
    Said "Thanks" 430 Times
    Was Thanked 79 Times in 68 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 232 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Quote Originally Posted by SCHERYL View Post
    They do make you drink the blue stuff basically it's just colored water.
    Okay, thank you so much! I definitely want a leak test, that's good to hear...



  8. #20
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Activity
    Today 08:13 AM
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Scheryl, thanks for posting all that detail! I'm trying to pick a surgeon-and a city at this point. For your surgery, you didn't stay overnight at the hospital? It seems that is so different from surgeon to surgeon, some have 1 or 2 nights; or maybe none? One of the places I received info from includes the night before at the hotel, then 2 nights in hospital, 2 more nights at hotel. I kinda like the sound of that to rest up before flying home, but of course their fee is higher. What do you think?

  9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
  10. #21
    Gastric Sleeve Member SCHERYL's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/07/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:30 PM
    Posts
    60
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Yes they made you stay in the hospital that first night once everything appears to be ok they then take you back to the hotel to recover with nurses there.



  11. Said thanks:


  12. #22
    Gastric Sleeve Member americangrrl's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/10/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:41 PM
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    126
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 81 Times in 58 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy619 View Post
    Scheryl, thanks for posting all that detail! I'm trying to pick a surgeon-and a city at this point. For your surgery, you didn't stay overnight at the hospital? It seems that is so different from surgeon to surgeon, some have 1 or 2 nights; or maybe none? One of the places I received info from includes the night before at the hotel, then 2 nights in hospital, 2 more nights at hotel. I kinda like the sound of that to rest up before flying home, but of course their fee is higher. What do you think?
    go with WLA... weight loss agents.... u fly into San Diego... they pick u up from airport in San Diego and take u into MX... I paid $3799 for the surgery... which includes the $250 deposit... they tell u when u need to b there and how long u will stay,... its a very well oiled machine and they have their process down pat... they take really great care of u and everything u need is taken care of for u.. trust me... this is a very easy way to accomplish the task at hand without worrying about every single detail... they have all of it worked out for u already... just make sure u let ur cell phone carrier and bank know u will b out of the country during that time so u have no issues..



  13. Said thanks:


  14. #23
    Gastric Sleeve Member americangrrl's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/10/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:41 PM
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    126
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 81 Times in 58 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Quote Originally Posted by americangrrl View Post
    go with WLA... weight loss agents.... u fly into San Diego... they pick u up from airport in San Diego and take u into MX... I paid $3799 for the surgery... which includes the $250 deposit... they tell u when u need to b there and how long u will stay,... its a very well oiled machine and they have their process down pat... they take really great care of u and everything u need is taken care of for u.. trust me... this is a very easy way to accomplish the task at hand without worrying about every single detail... they have all of it worked out for u already... just make sure u let ur cell phone carrier and bank know u will b out of the country during that time so u have no issues..
    u pay the difference for ur plane tix....



  15. Said thanks:


  16. #24
    Gastric Sleeve Member Del1969's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/09/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:30 PM
    Posts
    45
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    americangrrl, I am going through Weight Loss Agents too! I am always glad to hear when someone has already been through the process and it went well! I go in June. Was there things to do there before or after the surgery? Did you even feel like doing anything after the surgery? Just curious. My ex-wife and daughter will be going with me and I want them to be able to do a little something while they are there. If I am up to it I would like to do something too! Thanks for the info!


  17. #25
    Gastric Sleeve Member americangrrl's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/10/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:41 PM
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    126
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 81 Times in 58 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Quote Originally Posted by Del1969 View Post
    americangrrl, I am going through Weight Loss Agents too! I am always glad to hear when someone has already been through the process and it went well! I go in June. Was there things to do there before or after the surgery? Did you even feel like doing anything after the surgery? Just curious. My ex-wife and daughter will be going with me and I want them to be able to do a little something while they are there. If I am up to it I would like to do something too! Thanks for the info!
    yes honestly, it just depends on u... I was very fortunate... i had no complications whatsoever and no nausea... I went by myself and was very comfortable ... anything I needed was provided.... including transportation, and shopping excursions, ... I have netflix on my ipad, so I was able to watch whatever I wanted...since most of the tv channels were in spanish... if im not mistaken they will give u a list of recommended items to bring... such as comfy clothing, extention cords for ur chargers, slippers....etc... I personally didnt need the gas x, or some of the other things i had brought... & as usual, I overpacked...but the hotel staff carried all of my baggage to and from my room... the shuttle takes u anywhere u need to go... I hung out by the pool, or walked around.... it was very easy to get along....



  18. Said thanks:


  19. #26
    Gastric Sleeve Member americangrrl's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/10/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:41 PM
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    126
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 81 Times in 58 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    Quote Originally Posted by Del1969 View Post
    americangrrl, I am going through Weight Loss Agents too! I am always glad to hear when someone has already been through the process and it went well! I go in June. Was there things to do there before or after the surgery? Did you even feel like doing anything after the surgery? Just curious. My ex-wife and daughter will be going with me and I want them to be able to do a little something while they are there. If I am up to it I would like to do something too! Thanks for the info!
    when I wanted to rest, I rested... U will b tired... but I also forced myself to walk as much as possible to avoid any discomfort...



  20. #27
    Gastric Sleeve Member Del1969's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/09/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Activity
    Today 01:30 PM
    Posts
    45
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

    Default Re: Weight loss agent????

    I figured I would get tired quickly and often but I was thinking I could sit down somewhere while they shop or something. I have heard alot of other people on here talk about walking as soon as possible so I want to do that and I thought seeing some sites or shopping might be a good way of getting that in. Hopefully I will feel good enough to do that! Thank you again for all the info! Only thing left to do is get it paid for and get it done!!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •