Dr. Jeffrey Allen
    Last Activity
    11-08-2016 12:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Question Surgery in two days

Scared. My family is afraid and that scares me. They have begged me not to go through it. I was told by my sister that this time next week, I might not be here. I have been wanting this for several years. So i am trying to be positive! Say a small prayer for me on Monday morning, Oct. 3. Thanks

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    10/07/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Last Activity
    07-13-2017 01:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Default Re: Surgery in two days

I'm wishing you so much luck, I have 6 days until my surgery and I'm getting scarred poopless and feel like I'm pms'ing and want to cry

it doesn't help that I have two weeks to move my mother in law from one senior home and FIND another and don't know what to do with all this information in my lap and trying to get myself "mostly prepared" for this life altering surgery.

let us know how your surgery goes on 10/3, shame I don't get to meet you before you go home and I start

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/04/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    11-08-2016 05:12 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Surgery in two days

You will do fine! I'm a nurse and I'm scared too, but I want to be healthy. I chose not to tell anyone and it's hard, and that is why. Don't have worries, think positive!

7. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cyndi
    Surgery date
    12/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Marema
    Last Activity
    01-09-2020 06:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1,143 Times
    Was Thanked 908 Times in 689 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,250 Times

Welcome!

It's normal to feel anxious/nervous/scared/excited all at the same time. This is a life changing decision...for the better!

For me...

This is hands down the best decision I ever made for me and my health. My ONLY regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

You've come to by far the best site for support, no-nonsense suggestions, knowledge, wisdom and experience.

Best of luck as you embark on your journey!

9. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Gabi
    Surgery date
    10/06/2016
    Surgeon
    Doctor Alejandro Lopez
    Last Activity
    04-25-2017 10:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 58 Times
    Blog Entries

I think we are all on the same boat and feel the same emotions. My surgery date is 6 days away and my Dad has asked my Mom to try to convince me not to get it done. My husband felt the same way until he saw the hospital and doctors credentials. It's a pretty simple surgery. We just need to make sure to follow all Doctor instructions regarding the diet and no cheating. Sending you lost of positive vibes and many blessings. Stay positive and just know that everything will be ok.

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member cookie0203's Avatar
    Surgery date
    08/23/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Schram
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries

Being afraid is normal. I had my sleeve done 6 weeks ago - best thing I ever did! Quick recovery and am eating normally again (well, normal for a very small stomach). I wish you all the very best!!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jeffrey Allen
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Good luck to you also! I'll keep you posted.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jeffrey Allen
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the encouragement! I guess this surgery comes with a range of emotions, especially since it is elective!! But I am not seeing any negatives from postings. Everyone is saying how they wished they had done this sooner. That many people can't be wrong. Thanks!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Marney
    Surgery date
    06/10/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr.valezuela
    Last Activity
    03-08-2018 01:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 21 Times
    Blog Entries

Kycats,
    The last few days I have had this incredible feeling of euphoria! I know its because I finally feel in control of my life.I had my first 3 month blood work up on Monday, I initially was taking so many vitamins post-op that I felt I was overdoing it so I stopped taking them and took only 2 pre-natal vitamins a day.My blood work was excellent my b12 was slightly elevated.HOORAY for another 3 months
    . My clothes are really getting large but these are really non scale victories,the weight is coming off rather slowly,approx 1.8 lbs a wk and frequent stalls but my orthopedic problems are resolving.No more suffering with plantar fasciitis and knee problems.My state of mind is better than it's been in years.
    Chronic pain can be so depressing. It affects everything. This tool is the best gift I've given myself.The self consciousness is gone and today I hit my half way goal. I was a relatively lower BMI pt with a host of comorbilities, This wasn't just about the weight loss for me...It was health!
    I've adjusted well to my new tummy and have not encountered any adversions to food or protiens.My tummy acts up once in awhile and I think it's telling me to eat.
    I know surgery is a very scary decision, but it is so empowering. Once you get used to your new eating habits protein first,veggies and water its relatively easy. Yes by far the BEST decision I have ever made.
    Good Luck to you.The support you will find here will help you on your journey.

Surgery date
    09/22/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-07-2018 11:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16 Times
    Blog Entries

First off, your sister has no right to scare you like that. You could "not be here next week" by slipping in the shower, or in a car accident, or choke on something. This surgery is pretty easy. Hardest part is the first night with the gas pains. 2nd hardest part is the liquids you are on post op. Other than that, you will feel great. I am 8 days post op, and feel great! Walking like normal. I do get a little tired, but that is a normal feeling. I will feel better once I get vitamins into my system again. You got this! It won't be easy, but it's a lifestyle change. Don't let anyone scare you, or talk you out of it. You got this girl, and we are all here for ya!! Good luck!! Just remember....walk walk walk and sip sip sip :-)

Gastric Sleeve Member Dawnislas's Avatar
    Name
    Dawn
    Surgery date
    09/13/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Cribbins
    Last Activity
    04-10-2019 09:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

It is normal to feel anxious but it truly is a good thing to do for your helath. I am 18 days out and have list 12 lbs and am off my diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol medicine. I had to decide if I was going to take medicine the rest of my life or vitamins. I chose vitamins and better health. Nothing is being bypassed and the only thing changing is a smaller stomach and less hunger. You got this, believe me.

Gastric Sleeve Member americangrrl's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/10/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Last Activity
    10-18-2017 07:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 132 Times in 91 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

I agree..... no one should b trying to scare u... I know my husband is afraid for me, but he has been and will continue to b extremely supportive of my decision... I also have not told anyone else for this exact reason... I'm already going thru enough... I do not need or want to hear anyone else's doubts about my decision, or my life... they do not live with the constant disappointment in ourselves.. I keep telling myself, those who matter don't mind, those who m ind don't matter... but I can honestly say... my issues with my weight r my own...and I know my family and friends love me ... know matter what I weigh...this is for me and only me..

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-30-2017 12:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 137 Times

Last May I researched the sleeve and decided to have it in Mexico in August. I only told my best friend because I knew that my family would never let me get on the plane and they still don't know. They think that I have stomach problems (inflamed upper stomach due to many years of reflux). I lost 75 lbs. so far and never felt better, physically and mentally. I know that you have already had the operation this morning and you may be regretting it right now because you"re throwing up and you have gas pain and your sutures are hurting. I watched many youtube videos and 99% of us regret it the first few days but when you start seeing the weight melting off like it never melted off before you will change your attitude and realize that it was the best thing that you could have done for yourself. I'm 55 years old and I wish that I could have been sleeved in my twenties so I could have avoided the misery of being overweight. Tell you're family that you need support and not sarcasm. Watch youtube videos of other sleevers because it will make you feel optimistic about your future and make you realize that you just changed your life for the better. Good Luck.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/01/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hernandez
    Last Activity
    12-28-2016 01:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

i am praying with you for a great recovery, no bad incidents.....same thing with my fam...so far told husband, mom, sister, 3 bff's. BFFs most happy. husband supportive but scared, mama just scared and keep asking "are u sure?" but i've prayed for years! struggled from 16-43 with my weight but been morbidly obese for 13 years.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/01/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hernandez
    Last Activity
    12-28-2016 01:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

how soon did u go to your dr. to get off meds? WAY to go !!!