Last Activity
    03-21-2017 12:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Default How many Calories

Hi all,

I am about 18 months out and still have at minimum 30lbs to lose. Question is what are you all eating calorie wise to lose. Right now I haven't gained but I haven't lost. I don't want to drop to far down in my calories, but I am a little lost right now.

Thanks

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kari
    Surgery date
    11/08/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kaplan
    Last Activity
    05-09-2021 02:38 AM
    Said "Thanks" 352 Times
    Was Thanked 200 Times in 182 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 495 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How many Calories

Id love to know this also

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Mike
    Surgery date
    03/15/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Miles
    Last Activity
    09-12-2016 01:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: How many Calories

I have also finally been able to level off at 170 (5'10", male). Lost a bunch of lean mass since my last check in February. My biggest issue is energy (calorie and nutrition intake) to focus on exercise. I am finally feeling I can work out like I need to gain more muscle back. That said, if I can maintain 170 but convert another 10lbs from fat to muscle I will be happy. At my last check (Tuesday this week), I am at 15% body fat which is pretty incredible to me considering I was at 29% in February. BMI is a joke but it's what our docs are using to gauge whether we are healthy or qualified for the surgery.. It's a nonsense number which is why I like lean mass. Lean mass can determine actual fat % which is really where I want to focus on getting as healthy as I can. We need fat of course but we are our best when we can be at the right levels. I would highly suggest you check out your lean mass then just subtract that from your weight and the difference is your body fat. Most gyms have a electric device to test and will allow you to use it for free.
    If you are exercising/working out, you may be surprised that your current weight isn't as concerning as you may feel. Not to suggest we still don't have lbs to lose but we must consider how much of our weight is lean and how much is fat.
    Regarding calories, I have never counted myself as I was just working so darn hard to get some in. At five months I am finally leveling off but I am also working out more so I have to think there is a transition as to where my weight is coming from. Since I am rarely hungry, I just eat when I can and go from there. That said, I am deliberate with what I put in my body as each calorie matters when 2 or 3 bites are all you have. Don't want to waste them on some thing that is too hard to digest to get the most nutrition (like red meat or raw greens (for me)) or junk that is just empty calories. I will tell you, if you are eating sprouts or salads or lean meats (fish, chicken, whatever), I don't think someone with the sleeve has much to worry about when taking in calories. It's the sugar drinks, deserts and processed foods that just do nothing for us. Eat as much fruit as you can get down. Eat as many vegetables as you can get down and drink as much water as you can get down and you will be fine. In my own humble opinion that is..lol. Great job by the way !!! both of you!!