Thread: stress

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-09-2012 07:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 34 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times

Default stress

anyone else notice the weight loss halt when life gets real stressful. i understand im usually not exercising as much when life is stressful but it almost seems that i cant loose weight during these time.

Bob Harper has said that stress can be counter productive to weight loss, i dont quite understand how but i believe it now.

there are time when i do nothing but have a mental health weekend and dont exercise ro anything and actually eat a little bit more than i probably would normally and i will loos more weight than i will the entire week preceding when i eat good and exercised like i should.

anyone else have these issues... im starting to realize the less i worry about loosing weight the more i loose!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    06-28-2014 11:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 80 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Default Re: stress

Well, I haven't had the surgery, so what I say may or may not be fully relevant here, but I think that's true of weight loss no matter what tools we employ to get there. For so many of us, part of our problem with food is emotional. I know that if I don't watch it, when I get emotional, my portion sizes tend to balloon outward, even if slightly. I have found that driving that stress into energy to spend on having that much more control tends to be far more productive, when I can make myself do it!

I hope that helps. Either way, your stats are amazing! Keep up the great work

5. Said thanks: