Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarbrough
    Last Activity
    02-06-2016 10:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Triathlete Magazine- Sleever needs your help! (round 2)

I made it to phase 2, the final phase, of the Triathlete Fit contest. If I win I'll be on the cover of Triathlete magazine. To enter I shared my story about how WLS and exercising, specifically triathlons have made me more fit. Please vote. for me, Julie S. Below is the story I submitted. You can vote on all your devices, (desktops, iPads, and your cell phones). Contest ends on Monday February 8th. Thanks.

http://triathlon.competitor.com/…/to...triathlete-fi…

In August 2011, I had weight-loss surgery. Like many, I had tried to lose weight on my own with diet and exercise, but I wasn’t successful. After the surgery, was it easy to lose weight? Yes. Was it easy to keep it off? Hell no!

The main problem was I wasn’t being active. I met a lady who told me she was scheduled to have a second surgery to lose the weight she had regained. Fearing I would end up like her, I decided I needed to get moving, so I started swimming. Then a friend asked if I wanted to do a triathlon, so I started biking and running too. Finally, on Mother’s Day of 2012, I officially became a triathlete. From then on I was hooked.

I’ve been competing in triathlons for four years now, and I’m currently training for my first half Ironman in April and first full Ironman next year. I’m happy to say that, thanks to triathlon, I haven’t regained any weight and I’m the fittest I’ve ever been. My new goal is to encourage others to be active and to try tris—whether they need to lose weight or just want to have fun.

‪#‎pleasedontunfriendme‬ ‪#‎triathletemagazine‬ ‪#‎triathletefit‬

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/22/2016
    Surgeon
    Mithani
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times

Default Re: Triathlete Magazine- Sleever needs your help! (round 2)

Congratulations for making it to round 2. You got my vote.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/23/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-10-2016 08:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Re: Triathlete Magazine- Sleever needs your help! (round 2)

Congrats Julie,

I just voted for you.
    I was introduced to the sport just last year and I am hooked as well. I was sleeved in April of last year and triathalon and the training for them became my form of excercise. I did four four Mini tris last year and because I completed the series I obtained an extra finishers medal for doing so. I plan to step it up a bit this year and have joined a local tri club through my ymca.
    Best Of luck to you! Maybe I get a shot at the cover one day! HAHA I could only dream!
    Kamisha