Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-07-2016 05:05 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 81 Times in 48 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default 6 months today

Well it has been 6 months. Let me start by saying it has been a journey. I don't get on here much except when I need to learn some new tricks. I thought I would have lost more but happy with progress so far. It is weird the scale will not move but maybe 3-5 pounds the last couple of months but I have had to buy smaller jeans in a 8-10 but weight still between 165-170. Maybe it's muscle growth. Who knows lol. I still struggle with some foods, mostly meat and mostly evening it's strange. I had the major hair loss between 4/5 months but thank goodness I had super long thick hair so no one noticed but me and my bathroom floor lol. But it gets better still a few hairs here and there but not like before. Any tips to jump start the scales would be good. I drink water but I am sure my protein intake sucks ass. I can't stand the taste of shakes I have tried a ton most of them seem to sweet or to thick for me. And I hate eggs I have all my life. I love yogurt but some of that is to loaded with sugar. Any tips wouldn't great. Thanks everyone and hope your all doing well

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/16/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rodolfo Wilhelmy
    Last Activity
    01-12-2016 01:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: 6 months today

Have you tried the Isopure Protein Shake? I bought Vanilla and it says to put 2 scoops of powder with 12 oz of Milk. Since it was the 1st time I was going to try it, I only put 1 scoop of powder and it was decent. The next time I did it I added some ice and a little bit of peanut butter. It was also good. I am having issues as well with protein intake. I can't see myself doing 70 grams of it per day while I am still in the 1st and 2nd phase. Chicken has a lot of protein, do you include this daily?

Surgery date
    09/15/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mora
    Last Activity
    05-10-2017 12:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 40 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times
    Blog Entries

I use the Shaklee Life Energizing Shake powder. It has 24 grams of protein (22 sugars) if mixed with 8 oz of non-fat milk and 16 grams (10 sugars) if mixed with water, which is the way I prefer it. It comes in Soy and Non-Soy Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, and Cafe' Latte. I use the vanilla and add a little SF Vanilla pudding powder. You can add fruit or other flavors as you prefer. I have had it everyday for the past three months and I am still not bored with it

Food wise, I eat a lot of fish, turkey, and cheese. Fluid intake is my big problem lol

Congrats on your success and good luck to you.
    “Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.” ~Ralph Marston

5 Week Pre-op -23 lbs (322)
    1st Month -23 lbs (299) -11 inches
    2nd Month -14 lbs (285) -6 inches
    3rd Month -6 lbs (279) -4 inches
    4th Month -10 lbs (269) -3 inches

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/11/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Raymond Taddeucci
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Hey Jill, I am very picky when it comes to protein and I want to the OAC in San Antonio in August and found the most wonderful protein. You can order sample packs to try each flavor. It's from Chike.com. uses only water not expensive I had given away 8 containers of protein I bought and didn't like. I also found through Merrill Littleberry at one of her discussionson power crunch bars and oh yeah bars, I haven't eaten a candy bar since August 20th and I am a chocoholic. Those you can get at the vitamin shoppe or even online they just had a huge sale.

Gastric Sleeve Member Munecagirl85's Avatar
    Name
    Ashley mejia
    Surgery date
    11/10/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr rodriguez juarez mexico
    Last Activity
    03-17-2017 06:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 219 Times
    Was Thanked 124 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I am a newbie 3weeks out today so i cant give much advixe but w protiens bc i hate them ive seem the goal is 64 oz and bc ive seen we can only digest so much permhr the rest turns to sugar(dint quote me). I do 2 mucle milks a day (bixes 32 grams) that equals my protien plus whatever protien my foods have and i split the boxes in half which is easy and i get all my protien plus in.

Also isopure fuzzy navel w milk ismactually really good

First goal 295- 4-11-16

Second goal 265 - 8-15-16 (that took forever lol halfway there!)

3rd goal 200 -

ATLAST final goal 165-

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member SomeGuyJeff's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/20/2015
    Last Activity
    02-23-2018 03:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 291 Times
    Was Thanked 418 Times in 268 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 110 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
    Well it has been 6 months. Let me start by saying it has been a journey. I don't get on here much except when I need to learn some new tricks. I thought I would have lost more but happy with progress so far. It is weird the scale will not move but maybe 3-5 pounds the last couple of months but I have had to buy smaller jeans in a 8-10 but weight still between 165-170. Maybe it's muscle growth. Who knows lol. I still struggle with some foods, mostly meat and mostly evening it's strange. I had the major hair loss between 4/5 months but thank goodness I had super long thick hair so no one noticed but me and my bathroom floor lol. But it gets better still a few hairs here and there but not like before. Any tips to jump start the scales would be good. I drink water but I am sure my protein intake sucks ass. I can't stand the taste of shakes I have tried a ton most of them seem to sweet or to thick for me. And I hate eggs I have all my life. I love yogurt but some of that is to loaded with sugar. Any tips wouldn't great. Thanks everyone and hope your all doing well
    its funny how we have to find the things that work for us... i go through phases where i hate chocolate. gag at the thought of it... lol. when i do protein shakes i mix a chocolate shake in the blender with banana and peanut butter and ice. pure protein i think is the brand. i can drink it that way. take out the other stuff and i can only stand the 12g protein dannon smoothies.

i hope youre doing well otherwise - nice to see your post allbiet a little late)

Gastric Sleeve Member Boondocker's Avatar
    Name
    Dean
    Surgery date
    05/04/2015
    Last Activity
    08-18-2016 04:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 64 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times

At 6 months you should be eating protein like chicken , fish, turkey, etc. 3 to 4 oz's per meal. Don't forget to get in a minimum of 64 oz's WATER!!!!! and 80 oz's protein per day. If you get in enough calories or H2O you will stall. Hope this helps. Dean

Gastric Sleeve Member Boondocker's Avatar
    Name
    Dean
    Surgery date
    05/04/2015
    Last Activity
    08-18-2016 04:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 64 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times

Ooops, I meant to say if you don't get enough water or calories we day you'll stall.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Sue
    Surgery date
    08/18/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Leslie
    Last Activity
    02-05-2016 03:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
    hi my name is sue and i what to you talk about my weight loose surgery and my hair loose