Dr. Rachel Moore
    Last Activity
    05-17-2016 03:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times

Thumbs up New Member-Journey to a "new and improved self"

Hello to everyone!

I had the gastric sleeve surgery on 11/18/15 and it went very well...the first 12 hours were dreadful though, but as it was told to me..it gets better with each passing day! This was very true! It's now 6 days since my surgery and I have lost about 8 lbs. I am following all the rules, staying hydrated, eating what's on my list, and getting plenty of rest! My energy level has improved tremendously already!

I have joined this group because I understand that a support group is a good thing! The weight didn't happen over nite, nor do I expect to lose the weight over nite either!

I have made a decision to put 100% and more into this journey and am very excited! I have a wonderful support group already of family and friends!

It's been said that, "it's not about the destination, but about the journey itself!"

I look forward to getting involved in this group!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member gastricgirly's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Carrie
    Surgery date
    11/18/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rachel Moore
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Default Re: New Member-Journey to a "new and improved self"

Today's been going pretty good. Few stomach pains, but nothing that i can't tolerate!

I have prepared just about all of the dishes for Thanksgiving for my family! Of course, I will be at the table eating my tomato and beef broth soup!

I am not missing food yet! I have heard a lot of people talk about being extremely hungry shortly after their surgery, but that hasn't been the case so far!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Gastric Sleeve Member gastricgirly's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Carrie
    Surgery date
    11/18/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rachel Moore
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Default Re: New Member-Journey to a "new and improved self"

Good morning everyone! I had my first follow up visit following surgery with my doctor's office yesterday! I have lost 14 lbs since my surgery! My energy level continues to sore, which simply amazes me! Yay! I met with the nutritionist who went over everything about what and what not to be eating now and in the future. We discussed exercising too! She stated how important it is to stay on track! I got fussed at b/c I didn't strain the 98% F/F creamed soup! I told her the pieces were too small to worry! She insisted NO b/c I do not want anything to compromise my pouch! Ok ok! I then met with the nurse practitioner who stated I was right on track with my journey! She did order blood work, which I need to have prior to my next visit! In addition, she ordered some physical therapy at a rehab center for me to walk on a special type of tread mill due to the 5 herniated discs I have and the spinal cord compression. I get really hungry in the evening time and this worries me! I think I need to start drinking at least 2 shakes (Isopure) and less of the soup!