Surgeon
    Dr. Brenda Cacucci
    Last Activity
    01-15-2016 03:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 199 Times
    Blog Entries

Smile Hello all my big day is coming sooN!

Hello everyone my name is Samantha and I am 31 years old will be 32 in a few months! I have been overweight most of my life starting with just 20lbs over weight to now being over 100! I have struggled for so long to keep my weight off and at one point had lost almost 70lbs and then came to a stand still and I guess you can say I gave in to my fears and temptations. I was finally down to 199 and had gained it all back. One day I woke up and just said enough I can’t stand it anymore. I am not happy I don't want to die at an early age and I want to be able to enjoy my life the best I can with my family! I went back and fourth for the last year on if the surgery would be the best option for me and finally in august decided IT WAS! I am sure the ladies at the doctor’s office are glad I finally made a decision after cancelling on them 5 other times. Moving forward I had some things come up and didn't get around to see the physiologist until late September and two days later was submitted to insurance and 4 days after that I received my approval! Everything has moved fast from that point I received my surgery date of 10/26 and have had my pre opt testing and my class is in a few days. I'm full of all different types of emotions right now but I truly am grateful I have this second chance at my health and weight!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member kimlynn919's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kim
    Surgery date
    10/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Fernando Miranda
    Last Activity
    10-17-2015 02:14 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Default Re: Hello all my big day is coming sooN!

Hi Samantha! My name is Kimberlynn and I am 35 years old. My surgery date is the same as yours and I can SOOOO relate to the mixture of emotions!! I have been overweight-morbidly obese since like 1988, or 2nd grade. I have struggled with losing weight, yo-yo dieting my entire life. Then when I was 33, the day after my 33rd birthday to be exact, I was getting a check up/blood work for my insurance and they decided to put me on blood pressure medicine. As a matter of fact, my bp was so high they thought I'd have a stroke. My mom was 59 before she was put on meds to prolong her life. I lost her in February and the age of 65. At the rate I'm going, I'm scared of dying young too. So, I'm taking action now. I don't want to leave my daughter without a mother. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and wish you tons of luck with the surgery/recovery/life change experience!!

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    sistatry
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ariel Oritz in Mexico
    Said "Thanks" 48 Times
    Was Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Good for both of you. I am 10 days post op and I am thrilled that I did this. The main thing that changes is your belly tells you to stop eating when it hits the top of the barrel. lol..but it's true. Ok, so our anatomy changes too but that is something you recover from. The benefits out weigh the disadvantages long term and more. Best of luck to both of you.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member paradoxcowgirl's Avatar
    Surgery date
    11/05/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Houseworth
    Said "Thanks" 63 Times
    Was Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,766 Times
    Blog Entries

I always say to myself, "I wish I was as fat now as I thought I was then". Your story sounds a lot like mine! Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

8. Said thanks:

Name
    Samantha
    Surgery date
    10/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brenda Cacucci
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Blog Entries

That’s awesome! I hope everything goes smooth for us both! I am so sorry to hear about your mother and understand where you’re coming from. I have seen similar issues in my family and although my biological father and I have not had a relationship. I was informed he passed of some heart related issues last may at the age of 56. I never want to imagine leaving my children or husband because of things I could have changed. Here we go... one week away and ever day going forward will be us making the best choices of our lives!

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Samantha
    Surgery date
    10/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brenda Cacucci
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxcowgirl View Post
    I always say to myself, "I wish I was as fat now as I thought I was then". Your story sounds a lot like mine! Congrats on your upcoming surgery!
    Totally I have said that several times myself! lol

ps: now I learned how to reply with the quote hahahaha

Name
    Samantha
    Surgery date
    10/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brenda Cacucci
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinacristina View Post
    Good for both of you. I am 10 days post op and I am thrilled that I did this. The main thing that changes is your belly tells you to stop eating when it hits the top of the barrel. lol..but it's true. Ok, so our anatomy changes too but that is something you recover from. The benefits out weigh the disadvantages long term and more. Best of luck to both of you.
    Thank you! Same to you and I will definitely keep a look out for updates!

Name
    Samantha
    Surgery date
    10/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brenda Cacucci
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kimlynn919 View Post
    Hi Samantha! My name is Kimberlynn and I am 35 years old. My surgery date is the same as yours and I can SOOOO relate to the mixture of emotions!! I have been overweight-morbidly obese since like 1988, or 2nd grade. I have struggled with losing weight, yo-yo dieting my entire life. Then when I was 33, the day after my 33rd birthday to be exact, I was getting a check up/blood work for my insurance and they decided to put me on blood pressure medicine. As a matter of fact, my bp was so high they thought I'd have a stroke. My mom was 59 before she was put on meds to prolong her life. I lost her in February and the age of 65. At the rate I'm going, I'm scared of dying young too. So, I'm taking action now. I don't want to leave my daughter without a mother. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and wish you tons of luck with the surgery/recovery/life change experience!!
    I responded in another post to you just didn’t realize how to respond with a quote until now lol!

Keep me updated! and best of wishes!