12/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Houston
    Last Activity
    04-19-2022 07:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 238 Times in 105 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times

Default 8 Months post op, at goal, trying not to lose more, some experiences

I am wearing size 30" pants, 42" chest, 183 to 184 lbs. Just barely under the "obese" category according to the BMI chart. I figure I have 8 to 10 lbs of lose skin that is tightening up slowly. I am trying not to lose any more size, other than skin tightening. I get folks asking if I am sick or if I am trying to lose weight, I tell them I am on the push diet, push my fat ass away from the table and laugh, and that I am healthy as a horse, they are generally glad for me. Doc says my stats are great. I am happy. I do have a little concern about eating enough, I am not flipping out, but it is a minor concern for me.

Some new experiences in my world.....

Take yesterday for example, went to buy hunting cloths, because NOTHING I wore last year fits now, I picked up size medium pants and large shirts, they were to large, had to put them back and drop down a size. I used to struggle to find cloths large enough to fit, now I struggle to find them small enough.

Same for suits, I can not wear normal suits any more, a size 42" chest suit has a 36" waist, which can not be taken up to a size 30" waist because the freaking pockets end up right next to each other. So I have to buy suit separates. Which are not that high of a quality generally. Guess in a few months I will splurge on custom made suits. Gesh, that is gonna be expensive.

But in all, I am happy, when I go on vacation or biz trip I take a female companion, we split most meals at restaurant, its all good. I find that works good. Hunting camp this fall will be interesting. Good but interesting. Just another new experience.

Hope everyone is doing well. Feel free to reach out if I can offer words of encouragement or share what is working for me.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member michael95472's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/07/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-12-2019 08:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 47 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 35 Times

Default Re: 8 Months post op, at goal, trying not to lose more, some experiences

Good job. Would love to shop at a store that is not labeled as Big and Tall.

4. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    01/20/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kemmeter
    Last Activity
    01-19-2020 05:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 33 Times
    Was Thanked 60 Times in 38 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

Default Re: 8 Months post op, at goal, trying not to lose more, some experiences

Nice to see you back around and doing well Numbers! Great job on reaching your goal. I hear maintenance is actually harder than the losing phase.
    “Once you have established the goals you want and the price you’re willing to pay, you can ignore the minor hurts, the opponent’s pressure and the temporary failures.” - Vince Lombardi

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Hey, Numbers. Congrats on having become the male version of a skinny bitch.

Yup, you're a skinny bitch. You just have to get used to it. You're not a fat guy anymore. And in America that's not only not normal for you, but it ain't normal for almost everybody around you.

That's got to feel a little weird for you. It sure did for me. The clothes are just part of it. It's so strange being someone who's got a "big personality," but no longer has a big body to match.

And yeah -- just spring for the fancy suits. But wait a while -- your body will surely move around and reposition some things in the next several months. Mine sure did!

About how to stop losing weight ... since we can't double our meal sizes (our tummies aren't able to do that) when we reach goal, we just have to add more snacks to get our higher calories. I urge you to continue to eat nutritiously and healthfully. Yes, it would be easy to slurp down a pint of Ben & Jerry's. But I know that's not your style. Now's the time to add more healthy fruits, plant protein, good whole grains, more fiber, and even more protein.

Consider adding these snacks:

Nuts and seeds. Even a few hundred calories a day could slow down the weight loss.

If you're drinking milk, move up to 2% or even whole milk.

Try some good, nutritious crackers with cheese, e.g., Wasa multigrain, Doctor Kracker Three Seed Flatbread -- these things are delicious and crunchy with some good fiber and even protein

Try eating sliced apples and cheese for a snack.

I'm so proud of you. You've done just great. Good for us!

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hoehn
    Last Activity
    08-03-2017 07:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 120 Times in 108 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes you could give us an idea of meals that you eat, and do you mostly stick with protein and vegies? How do you deal with foods that are tempting?

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    12/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Houston
    Last Activity
    04-19-2022 07:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 238 Times in 105 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times

Thanks all, especially you Ann, Love you dearly....

As to meals, chicken and veggies, all I want, really, I have no appetite, I drink LOTS of ISOPURE ZERO PURE drinks, 40 grams of protein per 20 ounces, I get them at luckyvitiman.com, kinda pricy but that is what I do. I drink 3 or 4 a day. I eat 2 or 3 meals most days most days, weekends are easier. Week days seems I just work through meal times. Weekends seems I have a female companion close by who helps keep me on a eating schedule.

I try to suck down a protein bar a day, Quest Bar, Premier Protein or what ever, one of the better ones....

As to temptation foods... I indulge if I want one, just had a Klondike bar. One of them a week will not hurt me, I have 4 to 6 of the little bity chocolate bars a day (I have 15 female employees, so there is always a ton of chocolate in my office), it has not hurt me yet.

I do eat steak, elk meat, eggs, etc. I stop at McDonald's for breakfast, egg white delite, or breakfast burrito, what ever....

I work out 4 or 5 days a week, with a trainer, that helps keep my sanity. Have not had a soda since December 21, day before surgery... realy just o not want one...

That is what works for me.... hope that helps someone. Hoping for great success for everyone else.

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hoehn
    Last Activity
    08-03-2017 07:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 120 Times in 108 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

thank you for sharing numbers

15. Said thanks:

Name
    Tomi
    Surgery date
    06/23/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Matthew R Crouthamel
    Last Activity
    09-27-2017 05:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 283 Times
    Was Thanked 216 Times in 119 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times

NUBMERS! It's so great to see you back on the forum. You've been missed. You were one of the very first to welcome me back in October when I joined after just starting my six-month Dr. supervised diet. Always enjoyed your logical approach and focus on body comp vs. weight loss, "Tape Your Butt!".

Great to see you doing so well, despite some of the rough patches you went through. You've lost a tremendous amount in a very short time - WOW! Congrats to you!

I know you have a pretty busy life but I'd love to hear more about what your trainer and you are working on together if you get a chance. (Isometrics, cross-fit style cardio+resistance training, other?)

Thanks for checking in. It's great hearing from you again.

17. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Bachi1230's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/19/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Michael Feiz
    Last Activity
    02-23-2019 04:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

grats on the progress numbers, keep up the good work.

19. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Love4mykids's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/01/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr.Caryll
    Last Activity
    02-12-2019 02:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 127 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

congrats ! and thanks for this very helpful post

21. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member sassyrae21's Avatar
    Surgery date
    12/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-20-2016 05:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Yeah, I went shopping today and for the first time I wear a small. I held up a size small yoga pant and was like "no way is that going to fit" but it does, and my ass looks amazing, lol. It's a great feeling. I'm 5 lbs from goal, hoping the weight will stop no more than 10 lbs below that. I don't want to get too small. I'm happy that you're happy!