Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    01-21-2016 03:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Question Has anyone had stomach stapling and then had gastric sleeve? I had stapling done 35 years years ago

I had kept weight off for 20 years but exercised everyday for 20 years then gradually cut down and then married and quite content gained 20 lbs. the first year. Now would like to have gastric sleeve to help remove 100lbs. Wondered if there could be complications. When had gall bladder out 5 years ago Dr. said there was quite a bit of scare tissue from stapling.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. J
    Last Activity
    08-20-2017 12:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 136 Times in 114 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 127 Times

Default Re: Has anyone had stomach stapling and then had gastric sleeve? I had stapling done 35 years years ago

All I know is that I have had a lot of abdominal surgeries. My surgeon said that if he can't do the surgery the easy way, there is a possibility of open incision. I'm not expecting that, but have to be ready if they need to.

Surgery date
    12/20/2013
    Surgeon
    Ariel Ortiz & Arturo Martinez
    Said "Thanks" 699 Times
    Was Thanked 1,627 Times in 805 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Has anyone had stomach stapling and then had gastric sleeve? I had stapling done 35 years years ago

I've read a lot about band to sleeve revision, and sleeve to RNY or DS revisions to increase restriction or add malabsorption. Just curious what is to be gained from getting a staple to sleeve revision? I assume the sleeve will be smaller than your current stapled stomach. Have you consulted with a surgeon as to the pros and cons?

There is often a lot of scar tissue involved with a band to sleeve revision and most of them turn out successful, but I've read a few cases where the sleeve couldn't be done correctly because of the scarring. i think dealing with scar tissue is always an individual case by case scenario.

Gastric Sleeve Member Stacy'sSleevedLife's Avatar
    Name
    Stacy
    Surgery date
    02/13/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Illan
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 384 Times in 331 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,914 Times
    Blog Entries

I have had many surgeries before the sleeve and never had an issue. With any surgery there can be complications and this is major surgery even though it is done laparoscopically.

Good luck

Stacy
    Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg