Surgeon
    Dr Rumsey
    Last Activity
    02-11-2015 04:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Angry Dealing with holidays pre and post

I am still at least 4 to 5 months away from surgery with Kaiser as halfway through my classes. I am really having to look at the emotional side of my weight and I am afraid both for this "last" year and next "post" year.

We are the "fat ones" in the family. My husbands family is critical. They are all thin and the kind that dont seem to struggle to stay thin. According to his mom he is "just like your grandfather" in that my hubbie struggles with weight. Compassion for this is non-existant

I am realizing through my classes that part of why I eat is that lack of acceptance.

Anyone else have issues with family that have made them eat and are either pre or post and struggling? based on my history with the family (married 26 years) I can see this will be an issue. I do NOT plan on telling them as they wont see that as we talk about in class, its stomach not brain surgery.

Thanks so much and mentally I am so much more prepared than I was 3 months ago. Thanks for the info on this board.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member sleepejean's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/07/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Woodruff
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dealing with holidays pre and post

I am 2 1/2 months post op gastric sleeve. I just went through Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I was able to eat a little bit of everything that I wanted. Felt very full after my 4 oz and didn't want to eat anymore. Then about 3 hours later I had a sliver of pie and I was happy. I honestly feel this was the absolute best choice for me. I struggled with the decision for years and now wish I hadn't. I am already off my BP meds and my Diabetes meds. I've lost 65 lbs since my journey began and 45 since my surgery date. Good luck with your journey.

5. Said thanks: