Surgeon
    Dr. Shillingford
    Last Activity
    08-17-2015 02:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 54 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 46 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Next Step on WL Journey: TT -- Who knew that 4 surgeons would give you 4 DIFFERENT consult results!

I am ready. I have deflated my spare tire around my waist and wanting it to be removed. I have a significant pannus (grade 3 to be exact) and it is to the point its impeding the rest of my journey! I can't fit into any small size because I need enough to cover my hip/pannus without it looking inappropriate!

So I have started to interview well recommended/high marks surgeons. Living in between two major FL cities, I have been researching both Tampa and Orlando. Here's what I found:

Surgeon 1: Full lower body lift (a bit more aggressive to what I was looking at having done)
    Surgeon 2: Extended tummy tuck. About 75% around, instead of a lower body lift.
    Surgeon 3: Extended T/T using a "T" vertical incision (Going on Mat leave so it would be Oct before I can have it done )
    Surgeon 4: T/T with vertical incision and lipo

Surg #4 explained that I have more skin at the "top" by the ribs than I do at the bottom, so when the skin is pulled down it doesn't match up. The "T" would allow some skin to be removed, come together, then matched at the bottom, so its a full effect. From what I have researched, this is also known as a fleur de lis incision, although the surgeon didn't call it that.

I am not sure which way I am leaning. I really like S#3, but I really don't want to wait until Oct. There is a chance I might be going back to work after 8 years on maternity leave (long joke), and this summer would be ideal. I also have more help this summer than I would waiting on S#3. Both S#2 and S#4 have great recommendations, ratings, etc. Their techniques are different and just trying to figure out what will be best for me.

If you have had a T/T and/or lipo, esp with a "T" incision, I would love to hear from you!!

Follow my VGS journey on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Shadow__Cruiser (2 underscores b/t names)
    Follow my VGS journey on Blogger: http://lacesinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Elias Ortiz
    Last Activity
    02-20-2024 01:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 206 Times
    Was Thanked 504 Times in 372 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 231 Times

Default Re: Next Step on WL Journey: TT -- Who knew that 4 surgeons would give you 4 DIFFERENT consult results!

Some people have gone to Mexico with great success! There's a forum for cosmetic surgery.

"Lee, by "own it!" your daughter means that you should be proud of your accomplishment and understand that you deserve this. Not because you have to pay it forward or backward to justify your own benefits. She means that this is YOUR accomplishment, and accomplishing that for yourself is enough. You do not have to fix everybody. And you do not owe anyone for the benefits you have earned. They are YOURS!" Ann2