11/10/2010
    Last Activity
    01-01-2012 11:54 AM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 10 Times

Default Is this gas???

Greetings!

My second post today..I learned a while back the members of the boards usually have some pretty good first hand answers to questions asked so I am asking..

Is this gas? I have been having pain in my neck/shoulder area on my left side for about 3 days now. If I take a deep breath I can feel an annoyance towards my back on the left side of my neck. If I burp it is even sharper. It is the same area all the time. I have free movement so it is not a "stiff" neck. I have tried heat...that eases it but it is still here...tried walking and tried Gas Ex..again it eases it but it continues on. If it is gas....any solutions?

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/28/2010
    Last Activity
    07-22-2011 05:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 121 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times

Default Re: Is this gas???

When you have the op , Ur pumped full of air so after the op some air is trapped
    it takes +- 3 week for the air to be absorbed via the body heheheheheh I was just as freaked out as you are but it will pass just get yourself some liquid pain killers to help at night so you sleep well and walking dose help so dose hot bath
    Had the same pain in my neck and back and chest shoulders it feels like it’s never ending
    I just made sure that at night I had good pain killer so I had a goodnights’ sleep
    Oh yes and I also did try ginger a half tea spoon with tea eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek Oh dear the joys of life .. my dear just don’t panic
    Oh and I found sleeping on my back raised with 4 to 6 pillows did help while I was resting
    Big hug to you keep in touch let me know how you get on lol hehehehhehe the fist thing i said when the op was over was ... Oh my goodness did i die to witch the nurse replyed no why and i said coz it feels like i have been shocked on my chest she reminded me of the air used to pump me up lol heheheheheh

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/10/2010
    Last Activity
    01-01-2012 11:54 AM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 10 Times

Smile Re: Is this gas???

Thanks...thought it was gas but just verifying...go to Dr. on Tuesday and will talk to him about it as well. Thanks for giving me a time window!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    06-18-2014 02:43 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

As a surgeon, it scares me to think that my patients might be seeking medical advice by asking strangers who, though well-meaning, are totally unqualified to give such advice. In fact, the carbon dioxide used to inflate the abdomen during the surgery is generally gone within a few days. Anything under the diaphragm can cause the shoulder pain; air, blood, leaking gastric acid, and pus can all do it.

Yeah, it's probably a little blood, and will probably go away. If it is getting better on a daily basis, that's good. On the other hand, it could also be a leak, or a blood clot, which would kill you. Your first source of information should always be your doctor. Don't mess around. Call the surgeon who did your operation.

Mark Pleatman MD

8. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    11/07/2010
    Last Activity
    12-02-2010 11:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times

the first days out of op is hell!
    god as soon as i woke up i weeped like a baby
    the pain gets better and the shoulder/nek pain, i had it too.
    Nothing to worry about, it will pass. i was lucky and it healed the first week.

hang in there.. first steps of life post op is ugly but thats the worst of it <3

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr Dedonker
    Last Activity
    11-26-2013 04:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by beachykeen View Post
    Greetings!

My second post today..I learned a while back the members of the boards usually have some pretty good first hand answers to questions asked so I am asking..

Is this gas? I have been having pain in my neck/shoulder area on my left side for about 3 days now. If I take a deep breath I can feel an annoyance towards my back on the left side of my neck. If I burp it is even sharper. It is the same area all the time. I have free movement so it is not a "stiff" neck. I have tried heat...that eases it but it is still here...tried walking and tried Gas Ex..again it eases it but it continues on. If it is gas....any solutions?
    I was so pleased to see this posting. I have the very same thing. Was is it?
    I thought it was due to stress at work, but having just had a break, the pain is still there. It hurts when i take a deep breath or if i blow my nose. It's not lungs, in the wrong place.
    I had my sergery last April, so i know it's not from that.
    Does anyone know the answer to this? Anyone? Help!