Last Activity
    05-10-2014 08:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Red face Hello Everyone

Hello,

My name is Liz and I have to say I am a little nervous about all of this. I thought it would be a good idea to join a forum so I could find others who may understand what I am currently going through and what journey I will be taking.
    I live in Buda, TX which about 17 miles south of Austin, TX and I am the mother of one a girl that will be turning 18 in about what 10 days or so on the 7th of March. We have so many things happening this year with both of graduating in June, I am finally getting my bachelors, Prom, birthdays, attempting to get into college, etc. I have considered this process many years ago actually when my daughter was 9 and somethings happened and I had to cancel. Then of course insurance changed but here I am again because all I have done is gotten bigger.
    I was starting to believe that is just the cards life has dealt me and I was trying hard to love my 22/24 self then it became a 24 and has now began a tight 24. In 2011 I lost some weight took forever right although we all (friends) made lifestyle changes but I wasn't getting the major results and I tried so hard and that became frusting for me. I gaved in and got so sad that I gained what I lost back and way more. Now I waddle worse than a penguin and my foot problems seem to have gotten worse not to mention the freakish issues I had at the end of 2013 and my back and hip hurting so bad I could barely walk. I run out of breathe frequently in walking so the simple things aren't fun anymore.
    I never thought I would be the woman that would say I want to be able to see my daughter grow etc, but the end of last year I really began to worry about my health and thought WOW I can really miss out on the important things and I don't want her to be embarrased of me or miss out on things becasue she is worried about me. I want to see my daughter get a college degree, buy a house, get married and just enjoy life.
    I look forward to this journey and I hope to meet some great people on this site to talk to as I don't really have anyone to talk to. My support system is extremly limited and I think I will need a few helping hands along the way.

So please stop by and say hello!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Suzy
    Surgery date
    03/25/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Shadle
    Last Activity
    03-23-2021 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome to the forum. I have found this forum my only VSG family understand what we go threw and who are begining the process like myself.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Stacy'sSleevedLife's Avatar
    Name
    Stacy
    Surgery date
    02/13/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Illan
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 384 Times in 331 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,914 Times
    Blog Entries

Hello Liz and welcome to the forum. I had my surgery January 12, 2013 and it was the best decision I could have made. On the date of my surgery I was wearing a 4-5 XL top and size 30 pants. Today I am down over 120 lbs., I am wearing a Medium top and size 12 pants.
    Good luck,
    Stacy
    Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member lizbutterfly0504's Avatar
    Name
    Liz
    Surgery date
    04/08/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sashidhar V. Ganta
    Last Activity
    05-10-2014 08:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

I think by the quick scan of posts here a lot of Dr. Quinonnes patients are here. I am in TX and seems like my Dr. patients posted back in 2013. Thanks for the well wishes. I may have to check out your YouTube channel.

Name
    K
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Michelle Toder
    Last Activity
    11-24-2015 09:20 AM
    Said "Thanks" 124 Times
    Was Thanked 85 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,617 Times
    Blog Entries

Hello Liz, and welcome to the Forum. You'll find lots of support here!!!
    I am just about 6 weeks out and feeling great! This was the best thing I ever did for ME. Yes, I want to be around for grandkids (if that ever happens ) and for my darling husband, but this was more for me than anyone. I have gone from a women's 22/24 (tight) to an 18 misses since I started this journey back in August. I've lost most of my weight since December. My surgical program requires 2 weeks pre & post op liquid high protein diet. I lost almost 20 pounds in that 4 weeks and one of the weeks I couldn't really exercise much. My company gave us all Fitbit's for Christmas this year, it syncs with MyFitnessPal where I track everything I eat. If I bite it I write it.

Start practicing eating smaller bites, chew at least 30 times each bite, use a child's fork and spoon, make your meals last 30 minutes. Practice not drinking with meals - that was the hardest for me. Start walking, if you can't get outside, get a fitness walking DVD, Leslie Sansome is great. Start some strength training, it will help with any muscle loss right after surgery. We are all in this together and you can do it!

Keep posting.

Entered SWLP 8/2/13 (289)
    Surgery date 1/13/14 (260)
    Onderland 9/1/14 (197.8)
    Century Mark 11/7/14 (189.8)
    11 Mo Ck in 12/19/14 (184.6)
    Anniversary 1/13/15 (181.0)
    18 months out 6/25/15 (173)

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/15/2014
    Surgeon
    Nicholson
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 142 Times in 132 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,927 Times

Welcome. You will find lots of support here. And answers to your questions. This will be the best thing you can do for yourself in the long-run. I haven't had the surgery yet, but I want to feel better--physically and emotionally.