01/27/2014
    Surgeon
    Anthony DiBenedetto
    Last Activity
    05-13-2014 09:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default High Blood Pressure after surgery?

My mother has history of high blood pressure. She had the gastric sleeve on Monday. Was released from hospital Friday morning. Friday afternoon BP was 180/110. She's on Atenolol. Took her to ER Dept. Friday. They kept her overnight and have her more meds. BP is still very high. Can't seem to get anywhere with any doctors. Any reason why BP would be so high after surgery even with meds?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/03/2013
    Last Activity
    03-09-2014 12:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: High Blood Pressure after surgery?

I had the same problem and it was caused by the ketorolac that was given for pain. they did not use opiate pain medications and used ketorolac, unfortunately in high doses, and my blood pressure was in the 220/120's for about a week and finally came down when I stopped taking the ketorolac. I also had fluid overload and a heart rate in the 40's, all due to errors by the medical staff and poor medical management (I went to mexico...). but, there are lots of other reasons her bp could be elevated, just make sure she is working with her medical provider closely-the surgeon may be the best person to follow-up with her as that person would know the most about the procedure specific post surgical complications, drug absorption etc.