dr. cabrera
    Last Activity
    10-02-2014 02:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Default Surgery scheduled for 4/7

hi,
    getting my surgery done in April just wondering if anyone could give me pointes on the upcoming events i'm going to face! What is the hardest part? how was your experience?
    for those who have already had theirs done .. how quickly have you lost weight? how is the diet going? any foods you would suggest?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member RhondaK72's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Rhonda
    Surgery date
    10/29/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Stanley Hoehn
    Last Activity
    06-06-2016 02:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 62 Times

Default Re: Surgery scheduled for 4/7

Hello and welcome! I am 14 months out and am down 107 lbs. The first 6 months post op is when I lost most of the weight and it has slowed over time. This is typical for most people. But everyone is different and loses at different paces. It has been a wonderful experience for me and I'm so glad I did it. I have absolutely no regrets.

My advice would be to start weening yourself off of the carbs, sugar, soda, etc. now. Start focusing on mindful eating, drinking lots of water, and start focusing on protein rich foods. Also start an exercise program if you haven't already done so. The sooner you start these things, the easier your transition will be, come April. Also it is not too early to find a support group meeting to attend. It would be a good idea to speak to a dietitian who is skilled and experienced in working with patients who have underwent bariatric surgery, if you haven't already done so.

Best wishes to you!!