Name
    Kareen
    Last Activity
    01-02-2014 01:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Question How often do you eat? Do you reccomend the Gastric Sleeve? (I'm contemplating it)

Hi! I'm looking into getting the gastric sleeve and I was wondering how often can or should you eat? Also, does everyone recommend this as a weight loss option? Or is it really difficult to adjust to? I'm 327 lbs and I desperately want to lose weight. Anyways let me know! Thanks
    Warmest wishes,

Kareen

Finally, the weight is done!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jeff
    Surgery date
    04/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mueller
    Last Activity
    04-24-2019 12:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 15 Times

Default Re: How often do you eat? Do you reccomend the Gastric Sleeve? (I'm contemplating it)

Was best life decision I ever made. I feel great, am finally looking better, and look forward to much longer, healthier life. I definetely recommend the sleeve. I eat 3x a day with the family, just much smaller portions. I was sleeved on 4/16, am down 80 lbs now, and have not been hungry once since. It is a daily thing for me to remember to eat before the weakness or headaches come on. I am still testing the waters with different foods to see what I can "stomach", but doing well. No red meat yet, it doesnt like me right now. Looking forward to continuing to lose and feel even better.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member krystal<3's Avatar
    Name
    Celia
    Surgery date
    05/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Felix Spiegel
    Last Activity
    10-11-2013 11:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Default Re: How often do you eat? Do you reccomend the Gastric Sleeve? (I'm contemplating it)

I have to agree with Jeff it will be the best decision of your life! IT is a good tool to lose weight because its a permanent change. You can eat as often as you like you just can only eat a little. As far as the adjusting after a few months everything will come naturally you will get used to the portions and when to stop what to eat what not to eat. And most of the time I don't even remember I have the sleeve until its eating time. But im almost a year and a half out and I can eat a little more but its still not as much as I ate before. I think you should do a lot of research so you can know what to expect but I definitely suggest it. I have the sleeve, my sister has it I have quite a bit of friends that have it and my husband got it four months ago and hes doing great! Good luck to you on your choice!

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 400 Times in 330 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 140 Times

No regrets at all.

I eat 6-8 times per day.
    Nov. 15/17 - re-sleeve, hiatal hernia repair, gallbladder removal with Dr. A. Lopez from AloBariatrics in Puerto Vallarta

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member MysticalMaybe's Avatar
    Name
    Deseree
    Surgery date
    08/19/2013
    Surgeon
    DR Um
    Last Activity
    05-01-2015 02:56 PM
    Said "Thanks" 138 Times
    Was Thanked 124 Times in 119 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 339 Times

Right now I eat about 5 times a day or more. 3 small meals and 2 snacks... If I feel empty I will eat something.

I love my sleeve. I started this journey about 281 pounds I lost about 20 pounds on my pre opt diet (mine was 3 months of dieting) and since my sleeve lost another 26 pounds. I feel great!! I don't feel bad anymore when I eat (because its good stuff) and even when I eat the bad stuff I don't feel bad because its only a bite and that's it I'm full!! I feel like the food doesn't have a hold on me anymore. I trully feel free.

Adjusting is not hard but its different. Week one you are only eating liquids so you have emotional things like you can't eat a burger or pizza like everyone else. Week two and three its more like your tired of eatting mushie soups and you really want something tasty but no, more soup! lol
    Week 4 I felt great and could eat more foods I liked. I ate out with the family and all was good.... Now? just like Celia said I don't know I have the sleeve intill I eat and that's only because after a few bites your done.

I have no regreats and everything I had to go thru the first 3 weeks was worth the happiness I have now.

Talk with a few Doctors and see what they say. maybe go to a few classes (some insurances have classes that teach you about the sleeve) Kaiser had one Called Options.

Good Luck to you and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    12/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Brennan Carmody
    Last Activity
    08-14-2014 10:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 109 Times in 105 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kareen View Post
    Hi! I'm looking into getting the gastric sleeve and I was wondering how often can or should you eat? Also, does everyone recommend this as a weight loss option? Or is it really difficult to adjust to? I'm 327 lbs and I desperately want to lose weight. Anyways let me know! Thanks
    You're on a site that only supports Gastric Sleeve soooo you're going to get recommendations for the surgery here. It sounds like you're in the early stages so this is a good time to research not only the Sleeve but the other 3 major WLSs. There's a great book called "The Sleeved Life" by Pennie Nicola. Dr. Alvarez also has a book out that's advertised on this site.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member SeasonsChange's Avatar
    Name
    Terri
    Surgery date
    11/26/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Craig Floch
    Last Activity
    12-08-2014 08:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 386 Times
    Was Thanked 164 Times in 138 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times

I would recommend going to a seminar. You are going to learn all that you need to know. You can usually find one by just doing a general search. That pretty much gets the ball rolling.

Sleeved with my husband on 11/26/13! Together through it all

15. Said thanks:

I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kareen
    Last Activity
    01-02-2014 01:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Thank you all for all the help!!!!!
    Warmest wishes,

Kareen

Finally, the weight is done!