Dr Lepord
    Last Activity
    05-14-2015 03:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Default grocery list???

So i am almost to my surgery date..I plan ahead!!! I got kids settled, house ready, now i need to stock up on what I will need for my liguid days , and my non food days...SO HELP! ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS WHAT FOR ME TO GET AND HAVE ON HAND??
    drinks, protein drinks, any suggestions help.... count down to 14th....thursday my Doctor Talk...which of course i will ask them too But suggestions from you wonderful peeps who have already gone thru it...thank you

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/28/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Frank Veninga
    Last Activity
    05-26-2016 08:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 304 Times in 287 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 74 Times

Default Re: grocery list???

Its so individualized that its hard to advise someone. My wife and I both had it done and we have eaten very differently from each other. Despite having the same doctor and the same directives regarding when to progress to the next stage and what you should eat in that stage, she and I progressed very differently. I am way behind where she was at this point. She hated protein shakes and swore them off very early. I continue to drink them now and like them. I will probably have at least one a day the rest of my life. I like the soups and broths. She couldn't wait to get past them and start eating soft foods. She brought raw fruits and veggies in much earlier than I as I have still avoided them to this point, though they are my favorite foods and I miss them more than I can say.

Obviously, you will needs broths, sugar free jellos, and sugar free popsicles for the liquid diet in first few days. Soups that can be pureed for the full liquid diet. But it kind of has to be your call to the specifics since everyone has individual taste. I recommend not being in a rush to go to next stage and listen to your body. And go slow eating. I have made that mistake too many times. Its not a comfortable feeling.

8/14/13 - 279 Pre-Op
    8/28/13 - 265 Surgery
    9/28/13 - 235
    10/28/13 - 218
    11/28/13 - 209
    12/28/13 - 198
    01/16/14 - 195

Blood Sugar 140 with metformin before surgery, 80 with no meds after surgery
    Blood Pressure 145/90 before and 110/70 after

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Amber Like Woah's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Amber
    Surgery date
    10/17/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Cribbins
    Last Activity
    01-28-2014 08:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 596 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: grocery list???

One neat trick I picked up that we are going to prepair is freeze the broth in an ice tray. That way when you are ready you have the perfect portion (1cube ) to heat and eat!!

6. Said thanks: