11/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kelly
    Last Activity
    08-02-2013 01:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Question Questions & Experience Using the Weight Loss Agents for the Sleeve Journey to Mexico

Hello,

I'm new and looking to get the sleeve procedure through the WeightLossAgents.com where they send you to Mexico for the procedure. I don't have any insurance and not a lot of money, so it is the best deal for me. I know a lot of people on this site have had the sleeve at different places, but don't know if any have actually used WeightLossAgents.com. This is their site but like I said, I've found other bariatric and sleeve patients on the blog, so not sure if I just haven't found anyone or what.

I have some questions and want to make sure I don't get taken. I am unemployed and have difficulty walking so this is a big step for me. They said I was approved once I filled out their application with my weights, BMI, height, etc. They asked for a deposit. Not sure if I give them the entire money up front before I book the ticket to San Diego where they pick me up at the airport and then take to thru customs to the hotel and the the hospital, etc.

Anyways, if anyone has gone through Weight Loss Agents could you let me know and alleviate my concerns? It seems like as soon as I didn't have the deposit at that exact moment they were quick to get off the phone instead of answering any questions I had which was a red flag to me and so now I'm questioning whether this is the right place to get this procedure done. Also, if you have had the sleeve done, how long has it been and how are you feeling since you've had the procedure at Jerusalem Hospital?

Thanks for any feedback

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Ayana
    Surgery date
    09/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-14-2012 05:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 48 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Default Re: Questions & Experience Using the Weight Loss Agents for the Sleeve Journey to Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Selah117 View Post
    Hello,

I'm new and looking to get the sleeve procedure through the WeightLossAgents.com where they send you to Mexico for the procedure. I don't have any insurance and not a lot of money, so it is the best deal for me. I know a lot of people on this site have had the sleeve at different places, but don't know if any have actually used WeightLossAgents.com. This is their site but like I said, I've found other bariatric and sleeve patients on the blog, so not sure if I just haven't found anyone or what.

I have some questions and want to make sure I don't get taken. I am unemployed and have difficulty walking so this is a big step for me. They said I was approved once I filled out their application with my weights, BMI, height, etc. They asked for a deposit. Not sure if I give them the entire money up front before I book the ticket to San Diego where they pick me up at the airport and then take to thru customs to the hotel and the the hospital, etc.

Anyways, if anyone has gone through Weight Loss Agents could you let me know and alleviate my concerns? It seems like as soon as I didn't have the deposit at that exact moment they were quick to get off the phone instead of answering any questions I had which was a red flag to me and so now I'm questioning whether this is the right place to get this procedure done. Also, if you have had the sleeve done, how long has it been and how are you feeling since you've had the procedure at Jerusalem Hospital?

Thanks for any feedback
    Hi there!

My mom and i both just booked our sleeve date for august 28th and we both put our $500 deposit down. My aunt went through Dr. Almanza at jerusalem hospital about a year ago and was darn near 400lbs and only 4'11" and since then she has lost almost 150lbs and hasnt had any complications! Im very excited to be going through dr. almanza and if you type in his name up in the search bar on top of this page you will get ALOT of info and many many many of his patients have accounts on here and are always willing to share their experiences! I will be posting about mine when i go down but dr. almanza is not a scam at all!!! I wouldnt be scared just jump and you'll feel better once you do!

Gastric Sleeve Member workinprogress40's Avatar
    Name
    Latonyia
    Surgery date
    08/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-17-2014 10:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 42 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 62 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions & Experience Using the Weight Loss Agents for the Sleeve Journey to Mexico

That's Dr Almanza!!! I will be going to him on the 22 a lot of people have used him, but do your research I can give you a couple of names of Mexican doctors that are very experienced and popular ,Dr Almanza, Dr. aceves, Dr Garcia, D. Kelly, Dr. alvarez and I hear Dr quinose is really Good I don't think I spelled the last doctors name right. But the doctor I mentioned have very good reviews. And the prices start at 4000-7000 everything is included except air fair. And with doctor ALMANZA you have to pay for that one night in san Diego. I hope this helps you, but yes Dr Almanza is a very good Doctor.

Gastric Sleeve Member itsmytime's Avatar
    Name
    Misty
    Surgery date
    02/03/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-23-2016 11:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 73 Times
    Was Thanked 236 Times in 213 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 154 Times
    Blog Entries

I used that site weightlossagents.com and was hooked up with a coordinator and everything went smoothly. It is legitimate so don't worry. Everything went fine. Yes, the surgeon they use is Dr. Almanza. I used paypal to pay for my surgery and that was nice and convenient:-)

Starting BMI 2/3/2012 - 38
    Goal BMI-24! REACHED and BELOW!! 10/2012 Current BMI 21.0!
    The best goals reached are the ones hardest earned.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/20/2012
    Surgeon
    Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-12-2013 05:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

I was hesitant at first also. I went through 'Ready for a change" and went to Dr. Garcia. Experience was better than expected. Flew in to SD the day of surgery, stayed 2 nites at hospital then 2 nights at Marriott in TJ which was very nice. Broth (which was excellant) and jello are free.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Ayana
    Surgery date
    09/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 48 Times

Quote Originally Posted by nrskel03 View Post
    I was hesitant at first also. I went through 'Ready for a change" and went to Dr. Garcia. Experience was better than expected. Flew in to SD the day of surgery, stayed 2 nites at hospital then 2 nights at Marriott in TJ which was very nice. Broth (which was excellant) and jello are free.
    hi there! how much is the sleeve with dr. garcia? just out of curiosity!

Gastric Sleeve Member Ebonyplum's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-25-2013 01:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

I am 8 days out from surgery with dr Almanza !! I had a great experience !! I am down almost 20lbs so far !! The only thing I would recommend is definitely stay in the recovery house , the hotel is much less hands on and what I saw from people that stayed there were not in as good of shape as us that got 24 hr hands on care at the recovery house. I was very nervous as well but I went by myself and everything was great I was even so shocked at how clean and safe the city felt I am even planing on going back with my husband and girls !! Very honest !! I scheduled my surgery about 3 months ago and then had to change my mind at that time they refunded my money within 24 hrs no questions didn't even have to reschedule at that time. Would re omens to everyone. And the doctors,nurses,and everyone great looking eye candy

Surgery date
    09/19/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-06-2014 09:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

Wow the more i read the more i am so ready to go wished i had my passport already so i could go asap. That is the only thing that is holding me back at this point. I am so glad your doing so well. I like the eye candy part, hubby not so much.

Surgery date
    08/13/2012
    Surgeon
    dr patrick white
    Last Activity
    05-21-2016 02:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

has any1 seen if they do the 360 body lift skin removel

Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

I had surgery in Mexico and went directly through the surgeon so I didn't have to pay the middle man. It was a great experience. Good luck

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/20/2012
    Surgeon
    Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-12-2013 05:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Quote Originally Posted by want2bahealthymom View Post
    hi there! how much is the sleeve with dr. garcia? just out of curiosity!
    $4700

14. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    11/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times

Thanks for all the feedback so far! I am feeling a little better about this choice. My other questions is after you paid the initial deposit down, when did (Weight Loss Agents) have you pay for the remainder full amount for the surgery? Was it after the procedure was done? When you get to the hospital? Or what? Thanks for your help.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Ayana
    Surgery date
    09/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 48 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Selah117 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback so far! I am feeling a little better about this choice. My other questions is after you paid the initial deposit down, when did (Weight Loss Agents) have you pay for the remainder full amount for the surgery? Was it after the procedure was done? When you get to the hospital? Or what? Thanks for your help.
    I was told going Dr. Almanza you pay the $500 REFUNDABLE deposit and then prior to your surgery you can pay the remainder and if you are going to use a deibt card or paypal (like me) give 3-5 business days before your trip! Or you can bring a cashiers check with you addressed to the the administration office i dont remember his name but you can just ask them for it if thats the way you'd want to go hope this helps

Surgery date
    11/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times

My other concern is that there is no information about the company on their web site. Should I be worried? It certainly is a concern. No address either. Just a phone number. What if I give them my money (since they want it all up front - red flag) and then they decide not to show up. What is my recourse?

Anyone else have these concerns? Where did you get your information that answered these questions and can you direct me to it and give that info to me here with the link if there is one? I am not having any luck with Google. It seems that the Weight Loss Agents may be affiliated with the Jerusalem Hospital as my instructions were signed :

The Weight Loss Agents Team
    On behalf of Dr. Mario Almanza, and Jerusalem Hospital

Surgery date
    07/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-12-2013 01:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 45 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 50 Times
    Blog Entries

You don't have to pay it all upfront. You can bring a cashier's check with you and pay on the day of surgery. I thought it was eaiser just to pay via paypal. I believe the weight loss agents are just the name for the company that does the coordinating for Dr. Almanza. It makes it easier when you have a stateside phone number that you can call for questions, and you don't have to deal with language barriers. I have never heard of anyone being ripped off. All of those MX doctors are making a ton of money, they would be crazy to ruin that. When you show up at the clinic there are a ton of people there, I don't think that place is ever closed.