Surgeon
    Dr.Jorge Acosta
    Last Activity
    04-14-2013 10:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 34 Times
    Was Thanked 67 Times in 43 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16 Times

Default Re: Recovery time after surgery

I over did it after surgery. Plus I went back to the hospital for a night for a fever. I tried to be at a soccer game 5 days after Sx. Slept in the car instead LOL. then I had to teach a cpr class the next wk on Wednesday. Over did that. I was feeling semi good when the class started by by the end I was hurting and miserable. Now I'm 15 days out and doing a lot of walking while shopping. Each day feels better. Got two games to cover this weekend so we'll see how that goes. Dr does not seem concerned abuot it so i don't either. It's one day at a time right now. Most of the people I've talked to say you really begin to feel normal at teh end of two months. About the time every thing should be healed up.

Surgery weight 284

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Juney
    Surgery date
    06/01/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Cierny
    Last Activity
    05-05-2014 04:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 36 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 23 Times

Default Re: Recovery time after surgery

I took 2 weeks off, but could have gone back to my desk job after a week. In fact I had my op on a Wednesday, flew home from Czech Republic on the Saturday, and was whisked off in a taxi to the theatre to see the Wizard of Oz. I was totally fine then, just a small amount of discomfort from the wounds, but not nearly as bad as having a headache! I didn't even have nausea after the op, but I did ask for the highest dose possible of anti-emetics!

My weight loss is slowish - 3 weeks today since op, and I'm down 20lbs total, and 9lbs since op. I'm trying to look at that as a positive though, as I was once told that if you lose more than 2lbs a week you are losing muscle. So I hope that means I am losing fat, and taking in enough protein to preserve my muscles
    Juney

Sleeved with Cosmetic Bliss on June 1st 2011 Dr Cierny is my hero!

They say people look like their pets - I have 7 whippets, and it hasn't happened to me