Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    12-19-2012 08:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Default A change in plans

Today I went to see the surgeon for the first time. My pcp recommended lap-band, but then I started to do some research and decided to see a different surgeon than my pcp recommended (the one she suggested only did lap-bands), one that did several types of wls. I thought, that givien my BMI of 54.3, a gastric bypass would be the best option. However the surgeon I saw today felt that given my rather extensive abdominal surgical history, I would be better served by a gastric sleeve. So here I am . A little about myself, I am 50 yrs old, happily married, working doing what I love, 3 theoretically grown children, two still at home. I have had a number of weightloss attempts as have all of us. My most sucessful was with medifast and I lost 125lbs. I was able to maintain for about 4 months and then there was a very steady regain. My son was ill and with every hospitalization I gained 10-15lbs. He was hospitalized 6 times in 16 months. Everyone said I handled things very well when he was sick. But the truth is, I simply ate my way through the stress and heartache and fear and anger and every other emotion I had. I overeat most of the time, but when I am stessed my go to drug is food. I am hoping a gastric sleeve will provide me with a tool to lose this weight once and for all-but I am not so foolish to think it is the "magic bullet". I need to find better ways to deal with my emotions and general over-eating. I am hoping that being a part of this forum will be one step in the right direction.

Michelle

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Francesca
    Surgery date
    09/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Simon Dexter
    Last Activity
    09-20-2013 01:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 121 Times in 119 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,721 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A change in plans

Hi & welcome, this is a great site for support. Good luck with your decision & best wishes for super weight loss x

Twitter - @GoldieLookinF