Surgeon
    Dr. George Woodman
    Last Activity
    02-18-2015 11:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Default Re: Low BMI weight loss results after sleeve

Just ran mile and half today. Gonna keep adding to it every week and see where I an be. Noted this is inside the gym and A/C. It is hot in Memphis, so I'll take it outside soon and see how it goes, just so proud I made it that far!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Linda
    Surgery date
    09/26/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lopez/Osuna Mexico
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 08:20 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blessedahf View Post
    lol if any of us could've done the loss without the surgery we would've. But that's why we have the surgery, because I personally believe its impossible. The sleeve is the tool we need to make us lose the weight. You'll notice, we may be able to do it without the sleeve but a year later we gain it all back, and more :P Just a viscous cycle. Yes, I'm 5'4'' and 28 yrs old and my skin did just fine. I'm a little flabby on my thighs, but other than that and my bottom roll on my tummy from my c-section in 2007, I'm good to go. If you're worried about excess skin, water helps with skin elasticity. Drink tons of water as you're losing, even if you have to flavor it. And as much cardio exercise as you can do. But my mom is 54 and she had the sleeve 2 years ago. She was extremely worried about skin because she's been large her whole life. And she looks fine now. She has some excess skin on her thighs around her knees and her tummy but in clothing she looks completely fine. Just depends on whether you are just wanting to be thin and healthy, or whether you plan to sport a bikini next summer lol But being as small as you are in starting with your sleeve, I highly doubt your going to have any issues with skin.
    Well said, just like many of us, I've lost and gained the same 30 pounds many times over, only to gain it back and more. So I've tried it that way, now I deserve the sleeve!!Your words are very encouraging, if your momma, at 54, looks great so can I!! Yes, maybe I would like to sport a bikini next summer, that would be the ultimate, if I could actually look good enough to do that!! Of course I want to be thin & healthy, but can't a girl dream!!!
    You look awesome in your pics by the way, your skin looks nice and tight!! Hope your husbands surgery went as well & he's seeing the results like you,I'm sure you look like a very nice looking couple!! Post some pics of you two together please.
    Surgery day weight 9/26/12 187lbs, 10/26 167lbs 18" lost, 11/26 160 lbs 24" lost, 12/26 151 35" gone, 1/26/13 145.6lbs 41.5" lost, 2/26 140 lbs. 6.5" lost, reached goal weight 10 months out , 66 lbs and 62 total inches gone!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Gastric Sleeve Member blessedahf's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lauren
    Surgery date
    09/19/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    05-18-2016 12:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 89 Times
    Was Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 21 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L.Gould View Post
    Well said, just like many of us, I've lost and gained the same 30 pounds many times over, only to gain it back and more. So I've tried it that way, now I deserve the sleeve!!Your words are very encouraging, if your momma, at 54, looks great so can I!! Yes, maybe I would like to sport a bikini next summer, that would be the ultimate, if I could actually look good enough to do that!! Of course I want to be thin & healthy, but can't a girl dream!!!
    You look awesome in your pics by the way, your skin looks nice and tight!! Hope your husbands surgery went as well & he's seeing the results like you,I'm sure you look like a very nice looking couple!! Post some pics of you two together please.
    He's not had the surgery yet. It's February 18, 2013. U can see my blog with better pics. The link is on my about me section of my profile. And girl I'm there worth u on the bikini. I wanna be healthy too but dang it, I wanna wear a bikini maybe next summer after I get this last 12 lbs off my butt and legs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12