Surgeon
    Dr Pitchford
    Last Activity
    06-07-2014 10:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 92 Times
    Was Thanked 148 Times in 73 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 79 Times

Default i am 12 days post op

i started my soft foods 3 days ago,,, and have pretty much just been eating eggs and cornbeef hash(that i got from someone on here) a can has 21grams of protein, then while shopping the other day i was looking for chicken in a can and i found these single packets of spam lite 13 grams of protein!! i mixed both together and warmed up with a slice of kraft cheese 4 grams of protein it takes me all day to eat this but between this and my snack, strawberry cheesecake yogurt and my milk, there's my protein for the day!!!! i just found the yogurt , yoplait delights!! omg i never thought id have another treat again!! but it's working for now... any one with other suggestions let me know!! thank you all .
    KIM

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member MommyToTwo's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/15/2011
    Last Activity
    07-05-2011 09:42 AM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 62 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

Default Re: i am 12 days post op

My new favorite breakfast is Fage (pronounced: fa-yeh) yogurt. It is the B-O-M-B!! Hopefully they sell it in your area. I can only find it at one grocery store in my neighborhood but it is worth the extra drive. :O) The best is the honey flavored but they also have all the usual fruit varieties. There are 10 grams of protein in each one. Super yummy!

Gastric Sleeve Member juzmejnee's Avatar
    Name
    Jenn
    Surgery date
    06/23/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Braverman
    Last Activity
    05-22-2018 11:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times

I am 8 days post op and NEED some real food! Do u think it will hurt if I have some scrambled eggs?

Surgery date
    03/15/2011
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times

I wouldn't push it. I just had scrambled eggs for dinner tonight and I'm 3 months post op. I can tell you that, while soft, they are super filling and if you had too much, you might get really sick. They feel like they expand after you eat soon and that wouldn't be good. What I found helpful though was getting a tablespoon of Ranch salad dressing and just dipping my finger in it for the flavor. It helped satisfy the urge for real food. If you don't like Ranch, pick a favorite from your pre-op days. Dip your finger in the dressing and imagine that you're eating a big yummy salad but, like anything else, don't overdo it. There is a website with recipes for all the different post-op phases. Check it out. theworldaccordingtoeggface. Lots of helpful info. Hang in there. You get through this phase before you know it.

Name
    Jenn
    Surgery date
    06/23/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Braverman
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times

Thank u for this! Do u think there is any safe soft food I can try rt now? My post op appt is tomorrow and I'm praying he will tell me its ok to try something soft

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    03/15/2011
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times

Ask your doctor about moving to soft foods. Just remember, you don't want to move too quickly because your new tummy (staple line) is still healing. Because the liquids pass straight through, your stomach doesn't have to work to digest anything. Soft foods do not pass through your system as quickly and require more work from your tummy. This is the hardest phase in the diet but if you get through it, it's smooth sailing from there. You can do it. Stay strong.

Find things to keep yourself busy, it really helps. I did a lot of 'spring cleaning' during the liquid phase. I found that whenever I was bored, my mind would instantly go to food.....I've always been obssessed with it so it was extremely hard to redirect my thoughts initially but I'm much better at it now. I try to avoid bordem at all costs. I even stopped watching tv for a while or I'd just go to bed early. Nighttime was always my biggest snacking time for me. I'd sit and eat while watching tv. These days, I try to avoid all the old "triggers" that make me want to eat. Now, when I watch tv, I'm always doing something else like, folding laundry, clipping/organizing coupons at the kitchen table, reading posts on this website, etc. It really does help. )

Good luck at your doctor's appt.

10. Said thanks:

Name
    Jenn
    Surgery date
    06/23/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Braverman
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times

You are right! I just have like one more week. But ill still ask him today heehee thanks!