Surgeon
    Patrick Coates
    Last Activity
    04-25-2014 09:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

Default anyone from toulumne county ca

new to this site, anyone out there from Sonora, modesto central California.?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/03/2014
    Surgeon
    Coates
    Last Activity
    11-04-2015 06:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 463 Times

Default Re: anyone from toulumne county ca

Hi jsurle, I live in Oakdale and am anticipating my sleeve surgery to be scheduled for the end of Feb. or beginning of March. I'm so very nervous about doing something wrong and find that I'm falling for the temptation to eat everything I won't be able to eat for the rest of my life before I get my pre-op requirements. I also have the added challenge of being on ALOT of medication due to high blood pressure and pain management. I have 4 bulging discs and compressed nerves in my lower lumbar and need a new knee replacement for the dysfunctional one I currently have. Dr. Coates is my surgeon as well. Is there any encouragement or advice you can offer?

Name
    Suzy
    Surgery date
    03/25/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Shadle
    Last Activity
    03-23-2021 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Hello Im from Sacramento area. And im almost at the finish line I will be sleeved hopefully In march. If you need any guide or help we are all here

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Patrick Coates
    Last Activity
    04-25-2014 09:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

Hi, as you know I am in Sonora. Hopefully my surgery will be in March. My last app with Coates is 2/13 then its the insurance thing and scheduling surgery. I think most people eat the stuff they love before surgery. My sister is having her surgery on 2/6 and is doing the costal seafood places this week. the good thing about the sleeve is the fact that eventually we will be able to eat the foods we love, just not so much of them. I too have lower back, neck and knee problems, I am hoping ( and my doctor agrees) that getting the weight off will help ease the pain problems I currently have. Like the alien attached to my front!!( that's what I call this belly of mine)You can do this!!! stay in touch with me, maybe our surgeries will be about the same time and we can meet in the hospital. what fun new friends and the start of a new life all in one wack!!!
    judy

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/03/2014
    Surgeon
    Coates
    Last Activity
    11-04-2015 06:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 463 Times

Hey Judy, that would be so much fun if it turned out that way. I have a friend who had a gastric bypass a few years ago and she is still friends with the women in her hospital room. That would be very encouraging. I went to the pre-op class about 2 weeks ago and everyone else in the room had Dr. Coiron so I was beginning to think that maybe he was the doc to request. I too was the only one who was required to take the class before my insurance was contacted for surgery. Hmmm...I've been reading the posts about liquid protein drinks and recipes. My problem is that I'm a single, 53 year old woman on disability and Medi-cal so finances are very stretched. I'm going to have to find something yummy but cheap.

Are there any support meeting places up the hill? If not, perhaps we may meet at the Oakdale one.

Do I read your ticker right in that you've already lost about 100 pounds? That's crazy amazing if it's so. If I could do that I may double think about the surgery. I struggle with not being able to say no to food and being bored from being laid up because of my back and knees. I'm 5'8" and about 310 pounds and they haven't told me I need to lose 100 pounds. I'm sure it would be much better for the success of the surgery if I could. If so, congratulations on that! Melanie

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents