Last Activity
    01-01-2013 07:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 34 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Kinda bummed out..

Hello all,

Well it has been two months now and I have not lost a single pound. I had rapidly been losing weight since two months ago (nearly 10 pounds per month). Now, I am ten pounds from my goal weight and I have stopped losing all together. I have become accustomed to stalls; however, this is the longsest I have had thus far. I am eight months out from surgery. I realize that it is a great accomplishment to lose as much weight as I have in such a short time. Yet, I can't help but feel that I am a million miles from where I want to go. I am planning to do the five day pouch test as I feel as if perhaps I have "stretched" my pouch or have fallen off the "wagon".
    On a side note, I have been dealing with an ovarian cyst quite large in nature (perhaps too much information?). I am curious, has anyone else dealt with an ovarian cyst? If so, has this affected your hunger or emotional levels? I find that I "feel" far more hungry as of late. I am not sure if I am feeling emotional because of the hormonal crazyness that is going on or what.. I would love to hear from those of you that have suffered a ruptured ovarian cyst and also those of you who have experienced a two month stall. Thanks guys, you're the best!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Ramos-Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kinda bummed out..

Hi KLC....Charleston, SC here! I am 9 mo out and 12 lbs from my high end goal (ideally, I'd like to lose 25 more). The weight loss slowed to a crawl the past 3 months and I've had several stalls. One lasted several weeks! I'm averaging about 4-5 lbs/month now. I think that's pretty normal, so I just stay with the program, try not to stress and hopefully I will keep losing. I did have an ovarian cyst and yes, I remember my hormones were all over the place....happy one minute, crying the next, starving, etc. I hope you feel better.

4. Said thanks:

KLC

Gastric Sleeve Member aboutime4me's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    05/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Soong
    Last Activity
    09-15-2016 10:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 368 Times in 333 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kinda bummed out..

I guess it's little comfort to offer but our bodies are truly mysterious and funny things. They do what they want when they want to. Since you're so close to your goal, I'm sure this is natural but very little comfort for you right now. I guess patience is the key and not focusing on the number on the scale as well. Now is the time you've got to dig deep and keep yourself motivated and look at the non scale victories.
    As this is for the rest of our lives, your body is taking its time and adjusting along the way. Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going. You'll get there!