I will be so happy to fly home tomorrow! It is gorgeous here, but there is no place like home - and especially if you live in Dahlonega Georgia This is the first time I have ever been gone for a week and I'm missing my critters. And, don't tell my husband, but 7 days of constant togetherness is a lot, even for newlyweds!

What I did not expect is that it would really frustrate me not knowing what my weight is. When I started the pre-op diet I weighed 255. On the morning of surgery I weighed 243 (2week pre-op diet). I know I have a lot of swelling, and I got IV fluids for 2 days in the hospital, so I'm not expecting great things, but I would really like to know.

I had a couple of tablespoons of yogurt for breakfast this morning and some orange juice. I haven't been hungry since, but I have been sipping on some pineapple juice most of the afternoon. We did a walk around the hotel and out on the beach for about 20 minutes. I didn't get tired, but I
absolutely can't tolerate the heat.

The hotel restaurant has a 'leek and potato soup' that I had for supper last night. It had a water based broth, not milk. I didn't eat the leeks or the potatos, but the broth was absolutely the best I have ever tasted. Now I'm excited because it's almost time to eat and I want some more of that broth! And if anyone had ever told me before this adventure that I would get excited over broth, I would not have believed it! It's amazing how this surgery changes your life!