Things to Note:
• It’s important to consume enough water while on the liquid-only diet.
• Do not take any herbal medications for 7 days prior to surgery.
• Do not take any aspirin, Advil, Nuprin, Aleve or any other non-steroidal antiinflammatory medication for 7 days prior to surgery. These medications cause unnecessary bleeding after surgery. This includes baby aspirin and most arthritis medications. If you are not sure, please check with our Doctors. For headache or minor pains you may use Tylenol. You may restart these medications the next day after surgery.
• You may take needed medications (such as heart or blood pressure medications) with sips of water the morning of surgery as directed by our Doctors.
• If you don't like water to much try Gatorade® also regarding constipation.
• Treatments include lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and dietary habits, including an increase in fiber and liquid to support peristalsis* (Peristalsis is an automatic and important process that moves food through the digestive system. It also moves urine from the kidneys into the bladder, and bile from the gallbladder into the duodenum.) As a rule of thumb, it is best to avoid long term use of laxatives. Laxatives add volume and water to feces, facilitating their evacuation from the intestine. Sufficiently high doses of laxatives will cause diarrhea, in addition to stripping the body of essentials substances such as amino acids and minerals.
• It is BEST to get a massage for your back pain.
I lost 78 pounds and 14 sizez:
SEARCH FOR ME ON YOU TUBE AT: LORETTA LAWSTUDENT
OR LORETTA\S GASTRIC SLEEVE.