Surgeon
    Dr. Verseman
    Last Activity
    03-26-2012 10:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Work and Sleeve Surgery (surgery Feb. 1, 2012)

I have NOT told anyone at work what I had done. I haven't worked here long and really didn't feel it was anyone's business. I have a Hawaiian vacation planned for end of March so I told everyone that I was drinking protein shakes to lose weight for Hawaii! It has worked out well with some exceptions. I have had some "secondary" issues due to the surgery and I'm having a hard time explaining things to people. I'm having problems with mushy foods, I'm not tolerating them well. After 3-4 small bites of anything I feel nauseous! Has anyone had this problem. My doctor says I'm eating to big of bites or to fast....honestly I don't think I can eat much smaller bites! Anyway, it has been a challenge to keep my surgery quiet at work! I dread lunch time because my tummy is so loud when I eat and I feel yucky after I eat! I'm hungry and want to eat something but maybe I will just have to stick to protein shakes for lunch and avoid the problems! Any suggestions? You guys are great, I'm so glad I found this forum!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Val
    Surgery date
    01/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 556 Times
    Was Thanked 320 Times in 264 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14,570 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Work and Sleeve Surgery (surgery Feb. 1, 2012)

I know what you mean! You may think that you are eating small enough bits or chewing enough but you really might not be. I learned that the hard way. Take what you think you should be having and then half it. Also, try counting to 30 when chewing each bite. It helped me.

During my first week of eating soft foods, my tummy made all kinds of sounds. I know the guys at work heard the noises but they didn't say anything. It does get better. This week has been challenging to me b/c my dept has brought in lunch every day for meetings during lunch. I really don't have a say in the selections, so, I have been picking at the foods. Either they haven't noticed the almost 40 pound weightloss or are too afraid of PC to say anything. One lady did mention that my jeans are getting pretty saggy in the butt but she knows about the surgery.