|Welcome to GastricSleeve.com!
This is a privately owned forum. We reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation.
Violation of the rules will result in a warning and possibly a ban, depending on the severity of the violation. Warnings will be issued by PM or by the warning system. Permanent bans are at the discretion of the management.
Here are the general forum rules:
The management reserves the right to make judgment calls. We can't write a rule for everything. If we see nonsense on the forum we will take care of it and let you know why. This is the "no nonsense" rule.
1. No content that is considered racist, sexist, obscene, objectionable, or otherwise offensive content will be tolerated. All such posts or content will be deleted without notice. This includes avatars and photos uploaded in the GastricSleeve.com photo gallery. This could result in the loss of your membership. Arguably objectionable topics, should you find the desire to post them, should at the bare minimum have a descriptive title to warn anyone sensitive to said topic if its arguably acceptable content.
2. You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing information against someone's will that is private and personal.
3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but please do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
4. Please create threads in the proper forum. Before posting any thread, visit the main Gastric Sleeve Forum page and find the most appropriate subforum to post your thread.
5. Please only post one thread per topic, and update that thread as needed. For example, if you post a gastric sleeve journey thread, please post all subsequent posts and pictures into that same thread you had already started instead of creating new threads about the same topic. It is ok to post subsequent posts in the same thread as new posts (you do not need to "edit" your recent post, you may post new posts on the same thread as entirely new posts). You may easily locate your threads - in your user control panel, there's a list of your subscribed threads.
6. Promoting other gastric sleeve or weight loss related forums or groups (or any forum or group that resembles the structure and/or content of GastricSleeve.com) in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. This includes Facebook groups or any other off-site group or forum.
7. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators - however, disagreements, criticism, and the like, are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.
8. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management may result in suspension of your account.
9. You may not have more than one account. The only instance where accounts may be shared is by members in the same household, for example, a husband and wife may share the same account (although this activity is not necessarily encouraged). Accounts may not be sold or transferred.
10. Commercial posts, links, and signatures. An occasional link or a recommendation to a bariatric surgeon or a bariatric or cosmetic product is allowed, provided the vast majority of your posts do not contain such links or solicitations. Please do not plan to use your account on our gastric sleeve forum with the sole purpose to solicit business for your surgery facility or other type of business. The idea here is we do not want our community to be a competition of gastric sleeve surgery coordinators one-upping each other and competing for business, or cosmetic line representatives flogging their products to the community. Your posts should be helpful, supportive, conversational, etc, and if so, an occasional recommendation or link will be allowed. We monitor the forums closely and we reserve the right to make judement calls along these lines and clean up spammy posts. If you are unsure, it can't hurt to ask a moderator beforehand what is or isn't allowed. Building up a reputation and having a strong presense beforehand is always recommended. Additionally, please remember that this rule may change over time, based on the growth and direction of our community, potential abuse of this rule, and overall site policy changes that may occur in the future. The buying, selling, or trading of signatures is prohibited. Images in signatures should not exceed 468 pixels wide. You may have a maximum of three images and/or two off-site links in your signature. Videos in signatures are not allowed.
11. GastricSleeve.com typically is not able to get very involved in user issues with other members or issues they have with companies. All opinions and posts made by our members do not reflect those of the forum ownership. GastricSleeve.com is a discussion forum where members have the right to free speech. Please resolve disputes off the board. Remember that GastricSleeve.com may only get involved in user issues to a limited degree.
12. You may not use, reproduce or distribute any forum discussions or other posted content anywhere other than on GastricSleeve.com. The exception is that you may share photos hosted on GastricSleeve.com on other websites, each photo will give you the code to share the photo elsewhere.
13. Username changes are allowed. Please contact us at this link if you want to change your username.
14. Reporting posts. The proper way to report a post that you feel is in breach of the sitewide rules and/or the specific forum's sticky rules is to click this image that corresponds with the post: . Your report is confidential and is only seen by the moderation and administration team. This process is designed to ensure your privacy. The member who you report will not know of your report nor the identity of the person(s) who reported it. Reporting a post creates a special thread in a special area of the forum only seen by the moderators and admins, and also sends out a notice. We're a community and if you catch something before a moderator does, please help the community by placing a report, it only takes a moment to click the image. Thanks for your help!
15. Account deletion. Generally speaking, GastricSleeve.com does not delete accounts. Accounts are lifetime memberships. If you wish to leave the forum, your account will remain. All existing posts and feedback will remain associated with the account. You may update your user title and signature to identify that you have left the forums, have clocked out, or that you are taking a hiatus from the site, etc. In the case where members are banned, the account will remain with the posts and feedback as well.
16. Plagiarism. We ask that our members only write, upload, or post their own original work, and give credit to any other original author where any credit would be due. Please do the right thing, be courteous when quoting another author and presenting information as if you wrote it or took the photo or otherwise.
17. No fundraising, charity, "woe is me", or any other form of persuasive posts. This includes MLM (Multi-level marketing). If we allowed this it would attract scams. You may place a well-known charity in your signature, but that's it. Threads that are designed to persuade or encourage members to provide monetary consideration should be reported so they can be removed, and warnings, bans, or infraction points can be issued.
Rules subject to change without notice.
Please enjoy the discussions and do your best to lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning. There's wonderful knowledge found here and members with amazing stories and knowledge about gastric sleeve surgery, please make the most of it!