|Welcome to GastricSleeve.com!
This is a privately owned forum. We reserve the right to accept or decline your membership. You are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation.
Violation of the rules may result in a warning or a ban, depending on the severity of the violation. Warnings may be issued by private message, or by a warning system. Permanent bans are at the discretion of the management and may or may not come with a warning.
Here are some other general forum rules:
The management reserves the right to make judgment calls. We can't write a rule for everything. That's the "no nonsense" rule.
1. No content that's considered racist, sexist, obscene, objectionable, or otherwise offensive content will be tolerated. All such posts or content could be deleted without notice. This includes avatars and photos uploaded in the GastricSleeve.com photo gallery. This could result in the loss of your membership. Arguably objectionable topics, should you find the desire to post them, should have a descriptive title to warn anyone who might be sensitive to the topic.
2. You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing information against someone's will that's private and personal.
3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others' points of view and opinions, but please do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Additionally, attempting to sabotage another company, another surgeon, or another hospital, etc. etc. - for your own or your company's benefit - is highly unethical, and will not be tolerated.
4. Please create threads in the proper forum. Before posting any thread, visit the main Gastric Sleeve Forum homepage and find the most appropriate subforum to post your thread. This keeps the forums well-organized, by topic.
5. Please only post one thread per topic, and update that thread as needed. For example, if you post a gastric sleeve journey thread, please post all subsequent posts and pictures into that same thread you had already started instead of creating new threads about the same topic. It's alright to post subsequent posts in the same thread as new posts. You don't need to "edit" your first or last post, but rather, you're encouraged to post new posts on the same thread as entirely new posts. At the bottom of the thread content will be a "Post Reply" button. You can easily locate your list of subscribed threads in your control panel.
6. Promoting other gastric sleeve or weight loss related forums or groups (or any forum or group that resembles the structure and/or content of GastricSleeve.com) in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. This includes Facebook groups or any other off-site group or forum. Our community is great because of the content, and we like it when everyone helps keep the other members on the site, by posting useful content here, rather than send them elsewhere.
7. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators - however, disagreements, criticism, and the like, are not to be aired within the public community forums. Instead, private message directly to have such discussions.
8. Any abuse towards our admins and/or moderators and/or other members, on a case by base basis, may result in suspension of your account.
9. You may not have more than one account. The only instance where accounts may be shared is by members in the same household, for example, a husband and wife may share the same account (although this activity is not necessarily encouraged). Accounts may not be sold or transferred.
10. Commercial posts, links, and signatures. An occasional link or a recommendation to a bariatric surgeon or a bariatric or cosmetic product is allowed, provided the vast majority of your posts do not contain such links or solicitations. Please do not plan to use your account with the sole purpose to solicit business for your commercial entity, surgery facility or other type of business, or to attempt to sabotage someone else's. The idea here is that we don't want our community to be ridden with unethical surgery coordinators with agendas speaking badly about one another, or ridden with product affiliates constantly promoting their products to the community. Your posts should be helpful, supportive, conversational, and so forth, and if so, an occasional recommendation or link will be allowed. We monitor the site and we reserve the right to make judgment calls along these lines to clean up commercial or spammy posts, or to automatically place them in moderation for further review, etc. If you're unsure if your content will be acceptable, it can't hurt to ask an administrator or moderator beforehand what is or isn't allowed. Additionally, the buying, selling, or trading of signatures is prohibited. Images in signatures should not exceed 468 pixels wide. You may have a maximum of three images and/or two off-site links in your signature. Videos in signatures are not allowed.
11. GastricSleeve.com typically is not able to get involved in member's issues with other members, or issues they may have with any companies, etc. All opinions and posts made by our members do not reflect those of the forum ownership. GastricSleeve.com is a discussion forum where members have the ability to post freely, but there are topical guidelines. So, please resolve disputes off the board. Remember that GastricSleeve.com may only get involved in user issues to a limited degree, on a case-by-case basis.
12. You may not reproduce forum discussions or other posted content anywhere other than on GastricSleeve.com. The exception is that you may share public photos or public photo galleries hosted on GastricSleeve.com on other websites, each photo or gallery will give you the code to share the photo or gallery elsewhere.
13. Username changes are allowed. Please contact us at this link if you'd like to change your username.
14. Reporting posts. We're a community that helps each other, so if you catch something that breaks the rules before a moderator does, please help the community by placing a report, it only takes a moment to click the image. The proper way to report a post that you feel is in breach of the sitewide rules, and/or the specific forum's "sticky" rules, is to click the respective "report post" icon, it'll look like this: . Your report will be confidential to regular members of the site, and would only be seen by the moderation and administration team. This process is designed to ensure your privacy when reporting posts. The member who you report will not know of your report nor the identity of the person(s) who reported it (unless you report a moderator or admin, in that case they could see it). Reporting a post creates a special thread in a special area of the forum that can be seen by the moderators and admins, and also sends out a notice to them. We're a community that helps each other, so if you catch something that breaks the rules before a moderator does, please help the community by placing a report, it only takes a moment to click the image. Thanks for your help!
15. Account deletion. Generally speaking, GastricSleeve.com usually does not delete legitimate accounts. Accounts are lifetime memberships. If you wish to leave the forum, your account will remain. All existing posts will remain associated with the account. As a alternative suggestion, you may update your username, and/or your user title, and/or your signature to identify that you have left the forums, or that you're taking a break from the site, or whatever the case may be. In the case where members are banned, the account may or may not remain with the posts, as determined on a case-by-case basis.
16. Plagiarism. We ask that our members only write, upload, or post their own original work, unless you give credit to any other author where any credit should be due. Please do the right thing, and be courteous when quoting another author.
17. No fundraising, no asking for donations, or any other form of persuasive posts. If we allowed these type of posts, it would attract falsified stories and members could be scammed. So to protect the community, persuasive posts asking for money are not allowed. You may occasionally place a link to a well-known charity if the need should arise from time to time, but that's about it. Threads that are designed to persuade or encourage other people to provide monetary consideration to someone else should be reported so they can be cleaned up, and warnings or bans can be issued, as deemed appropriate.
Rules subject to change without notice.
Please enjoy the discussions and do your best to lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning. There's wonderful knowledge found here and members with amazing stories and knowledge about gastric sleeve surgery, please make the most of it!