Last Activity
    01-03-2018 10:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hi Everyone!

Hi,
    I'm new here, so happy to find this community

I have attended my weight loss seminar & have my first consultation scheduled for 1/16.

My insurance covers the surgery (if approved), and I am sitting right 40 bmi today, so it will be a balancing act to try not to drop below it during the 6 months required medically supervised weight loss. So far as I know, I do not have any co-morbitities (sp?) that I could claim should I drop below 40bmi. I do have high cholesterol, untreated. But, the surgeon at the seminar said if you're under 40 bmi, and above 35 bmi, that your comorbid condition has to be either diabetes, sleep apnea or high blood pressure. My insurance requirements state one of them could be high cholesterol though, so I don't know.

I'm 5'7" 256 lbs, and that's pretty much my highest weight, except for my recent pregnancy where I was about 270-ish (somewhere around there I forget). I have not always been overweight, in fact in high school I was under-weight. The weight gain actually started when I left high school & went into the Army where they forced me to eat because they wanted me in the normal weight range. Once that happened I never went back down & then eventually about 3 yrs later I became pregnant with my first child and gained 80 lbs (OUCH). I tried losing the weight after that, but never got back to a normal size. Fast forward 20+ yrs and here I am, 100+ lbs overweight and miserable.

I have tried numerous weight loss gimics in a desperate attempt to lose this weight. I've done Atkins, I've done Weight Watchers, I've done Fit4Life, I've worked out, counted calories, done liquid diets, I even ordered some crazy drugs for losing weight from online that I somehow was able to get without a prescription (not proud of that, but still unsure how that happened) years ago. With those drugs, I got sick fast & quit taking them, I later realized this was not such a good idea and who knows what was in those pills (eeeek).

As far as complaints; there are so many but I am going to try not to focus on that in my intro post, it's already turning into a book LOL.

Anyway, so happy to be here!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member KarenJean's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    KarenJean
    Surgery date
    12/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Loggins
    Last Activity
    03-28-2015 09:25 AM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Re: Hi Everyone!

Welcome! I'm new here too. Lots of good info and wonderful support.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Gena
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jason Johnson
    Last Activity
    01-03-2018 10:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

So the doctor's office sent me a letter saying that the doctor is actually not going to be in the office on the 16th and rescheduled me to the 29th. I'm hoping this is not indicative of how this doctor operates. It's bad enough I had to wait almost a month for the first consult, now I find myself waiting another 2 weeks for a reschedule from the doctor himself. UGH.

Gastric Sleeve Member Stacy'sSleevedLife's Avatar
    Name
    Stacy
    Surgery date
    02/13/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Illan
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 384 Times in 331 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,914 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Gena and welcome to the forum.
    Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg

Gastric Sleeve Member Small Car's Avatar
    Name
    Carmen
    Surgery date
    11/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Haughn
    Last Activity
    12-30-2015 11:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 91 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 284 Times

Hi and welcome to the forum. One of the best qualities to have in regards to being sleeved is patience. It takes a great deal of patience to make it through the requirements to have this done. I started in February of 14 and had my surgery in September so you a few days is not too bad. Since I have been on the sleeve side, I have had no complaints. I am so glad I was sleeved. Best wishes to you.

HW: 215
    PRE-OP: 191
    POST PRE-OP DIET: 182
    POST OP : 176
    1 MONTH 175
    2 MONTH 165
    3 MONTH 158

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents