Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery with Dr. Quinones

1. Bama Mom
    Bama Mom
    My surgery date is October 25, 2012. I am so nervous about traveling to Mexico. I will be by myself. I am also worried about the pain. I am traveling from Alabama so I will have a long flight home. I am 100 pounds overweight and have sleep apnea. I need this surgery to be around for my kids in the future. My plan was to have the surgery early Thursday morning and then fly home on Sunday. Is that feasibile? I also planned to return to work on that Tuesday. Am I crazy?
  2. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    No your not crazy!! I had surgery 06-July-2012 and I was ready to go to work after a few days but my family was really concerned about me doing the entire week at home. If you do a desk job you can take a week off if you have a lifting job you will need at least two weeks off. I was over 100 lbs. over weight at the time of surgery. I didn't have a flight back like you do. I think you will be fine to return on Tuesday. I live in San Diego and went by myself. So many Americans live in Tijuana it is not even funny. TJ is not all as bad as you may have heard. You will be fine, your literally picked up and dropped off at the facility. What is it exactly you are afraid about when traveling to Mexico??
  3. kiki70
    kiki70
    Hey there. Just from my experience (with the two surgeries), pain is not an issue. they make sure you are very comforable in the hospital and you have what you need before you go home. I went home on anti inflamitories, and some stomach meds. Thats all. It is also very safe. Henry or Eddie drive you everywhere....from the airport to the hospital to the hotel. You aren't ever on the streets of mexico....lol On the flight home you can ask for wheelchair service and priority boarding just to get settled if you're sore? I boarded early. Ask for window seats so you can sleep. You will do great and you are in gret hands!!
  4. judy79
    judy79
    YAY Kiki!!!
  5. hilliary
    hilliary
    I leave tomorrow!! Arrive at 9:30!! I am so excited and nervous all at the same time!!
  6. LivingLifeJohnson
    LivingLifeJohnson
    congrats hillary!! you will be fine let us know how it goes
  7. hilliary
    hilliary
    Everything was great!!! I too came alone and from Indiana, but I had a wonderful experience, Dr. Quinones is GREAT, actually fantastic! I'm post op about 36 hours. There is a little uncomfortableness from gas today and I slept most of the day yesterday. The nurses and Henry are great too, I do miss my husband and children, so I'm excited to get back home Sunday!! I'll post more later!!
  8. judy79
    judy79
    Thats so great to hear!!!