Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

bad review i found on line

1. griz9112
    griz9112
    So not to alarm anybody but I just did a search and found a news article that did not have good reviews for Dr. Almanza it was with 10news.com team 10: Dozens injured during weight loss surgery in Mexico patients warn others of Dr. Mario Almanza dated July 2, 2015

has anybody else seen this?
  2. Lisa73me
    Lisa73me
    I've seen it, it doesn't bother me. I found of the people 2 bad cases, a few that were kinda bad, and a few that it seemed like people were kinda whiners. No surgery is perfect, there are risks involved. Compared to the amount of surgeries that Dr Almanza has done, his incidents of complication are very low. We had a guy right here locally that went in for surgery with a very well known surgeon that woke up with both legs amputated. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you there's no risk, but statistically the surgery is very safe, think of it as an airplane ride. Beside, the consequences of not have the surgery are already pretty bad for me and being obese is ruining my health, I'll take my chances...
    The one lady that passed away had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, there was no way for the medical team in Mexico to have known that she had that allergy, if a person has a bad allergic reaction they can pass away anywhere, even here in the states.

Here's a link to the story I was talking about
    http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...le4115524.html
  3. griz9112
    griz9112
    I'm a strong believer that when it's your time it's your time no matter what I'm talking to the facility my sister in law went to and may switch if possible just because I feel more comfortable knowing she has been there
  4. griz9112
    griz9112
    I'm a little upset that weight loss agents have not responded to my question about the article, normally they respond within an hour
  5. Lisa73me
    Lisa73me
    A coworker of mine got her surgery done by Dr. Almanza, everything was fine she's a year out. Anyway sweetheart, do what you think is best for you as long as you get the surgery and everything works out that's all that matters anyway...
  6. BelleKreyol
    BelleKreyol
    The truth is not many doctors will have a perfect record. There are bound to be some issues. Some will be people who have unrealistic expectations and others who will have complications. I think as we decide to head to Mexico, we should know that the follow-up care will be limited because we cannot just walk into their offices. We can rely on calls, emails, txt messages but that's about it. Follow-up care will really be on us to secure it once we are back home. It also includes us educating ourselves about symptoms for complications. I do think part of the responsibility needs to be ours. Checking your temperature, logging your intake, taking your vitamins, and listening to your body.

I have heard God awful stories from the States as well as Mexico. Do your research, trust your instincts, and go with God.

Belle