Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Thinking of not doing it

1. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    I am supposed to b doing the pre op but I had a margarita and pizza today. If I can't stick to the preop how will I do with the actually diet. I am so mad pat myself.
  2. Imblesssed71
    Imblesssed71
    I understand. I am on the pre op diet and it's torture!!! Re think the reasons why this surgery is important as opposed to the cons of it. The decision is yours and you can recover from this. It's about thinking about your health as the priority.
  3. Ronagirl1016
    Ronagirl1016
    I know exactly what you mean. I said to myself I would start that today but I didn't. My instructions are for me to start on the 11th, but I wanted to do extra days to be on the safe side. I failed.. . Tomorrow is another day and I'm going to do it.. And so can you..
  4. newu2014
    newu2014
    It's hard pre op but you want to lose some weight so your surgeon has more room to work. You can do this. If You're like me you have dieted many times without ant help other than your will power. Spend time pre op cleaning out the junk from your re fridge and cabinets and find post op liquids and protein shakes you like. So far most of the protein shakes I Tried before surgery have been okay as long as they are really watery. Get your head into it.....YOU can do it and after the surgery there will be a tool in place to help you maintain your will power and eat healthy. I am 6 days post op and it has been much better than I expected. I lost 10 pounds pre op and did protein shakes breakfast and lunch with fish or chicken and a vegetable for dinner. Two days before surgery I did clear liquids and protein shakes. Honestly after surgery you don't feel like eating but spend your time trying to get your protein and liquids in.

Hope you can refocus and decide if the sleeve is right for you. Good luck with your journey.
  5. june528
    june528
    I was just sleeved on Wednesday. I thought about cheating every day of prepping. Now that I'm post op it is so much easier. I'm not hungry at all. I find I have to schedule my shakes so I remember to take them. Good luck. You can do it if you really want to.
  6. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    thank you all. I hope my cheat don't make it to where I can't get the sleeve once I get there. Hopefully my lower bmi didn't cause for the long preop.
  7. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    Only YOU and make up your mind that this is what you want. It's like anything else in life...if you're head is in the right place, you will succeed. If not, you will only go through the motions. We are here to support you...talk...listen. Whatever you need, we are here.
  8. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support. I can and will do this.
  9. connie3
    connie3
    I was really surprised on how well I did. I thought I would cheat and yes it was so hard. I stayed at home so I wouldn't be tempted. I've never did a liquid diet for 10 days but I did it. Tomorrow is surgery.
  10. natalia17
    natalia17
    I think most people getting weight loss surgery have an addiction to food that's not easy to break. I'm a few days post-op and the idea of not eating solid food for a while is kind of scary, but I know I can't over eat like I could with pre-op because I would get sick. Not having the option helps eliminate the possibility of cheating. I thought the same things prior to surgery but you can do it! As long as you reach the goal weight loss (if your surgeon requires it) before surgery, you will be fine!
  11. Terps
    Terps
    I did 2 cheats during preop, spoonful of peanut butter (that stuff is like crack to me.) It didn't affect my recovery, that I can tell.

Like others have said, this is as much a head game than body game. Find a couple of affirmations you can say to yourself repeatedly to help you get back to the right mental state.