Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Disinterest

1. Lorna
    Lorna
    Hi,

I'm scheduled for surgery June 23rd, I'm cleaning everything out I want my house, cabinets and life clean and in order before I go. I went grocery shopping today as I do every Saturday with my mother and I felt very disinterested in actually buying any food. I didn't buy anything that I shouldn't (which I normally buy at least 1 bag of cookies), I bought all protein, veggies and fruit. I feel like I should start eating cleaner but don't even feel interested in eating at all.

Has this happened to anyone? It sounds ridiculous I know, it feels kind of like "nesting" before I had my first baby, it's weird.
  2. Pooky
    Pooky
    You don't have to follow a 2 week pre-op diet I assume? I had a 2 week pre-op diet that included 2 protein shakes and one meal of 4 oz of lean meet and vegetables. The day before surgery was all clear liquid diet. If you dont' have to follow something like that, I definitely thinks it is good that you eat healthy before surgery. I will help reduce the size of your liver making the surgery a little easier for your surgeon, and it will get you used to eating that way.

Right before my 2 week pre-op diet started, I did the same thing you are mentioning though ... i just tossed everything that I had purchased for ME that i knew I couldn't eat going forward. Now i had to keep the stuff my daughter and husband eat, but that's ok. I really wasn't tempted during those two weeks.

Good luck to you!!!