Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Eating!!

1. Misse28
    Misse28
    Has anyone else struggled with not having an appitete? I was like this before surgery. My problem was not cutting back it was it. I may eat once a day and it may be between 4-7 p.m before I do. I am trying to drinking water and liquids all through the day. But I don't like breakfast never have. But I am trying. I look at food now that I could usually eat with no problem and wonder how I am gonna eat it. I eat slow and if I start early enough I will eat on that 1 small meal ALL DAY. But if I am having one of those days I will eat a little and give it away. I had a bad expereince with protein shakes early on and I even tried that for breakfast but they make me sick. HELP!!!
  2. CarriD
    CarriD
    I still have what I call "morning sickness" even with a small amount of a shake yuck! I did the same thing.. wouldn't eat all day then chow down around 7-8 at night after work.. some days I can barely get any food in still.. some days I can do small meals 3-4 like I am suppose to.. I can never get in more than 2 oz of anything, and never 2 oz of meat at a time
  3. jessie.g
    jessie.g
    I have the opposite problem, all I think about is food. I think I am fighting the "head hunger" thing. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Mind you it is very small (like a yogurt for breakfast and two-three meat balls for lunch) but I am always hungry. I agree about the protein shakes (i hate them) they make me gag. I also get dumping syndrome after I drink one, so I don't drink them allot during the week while I at work. I take about an hour to eat, which is weird but I do eat
  4. Nervia
    Nervia
    Has anyone tried adding protein powder to soup , pudding, yogurt ,apple sauce, etc. Since we know that getting the protein in is key to losing the pounds, you must find some way to get them in...make a protein rich smoothie in the morning, skim milk, protein powder, and fruit can be sipped throughout your commute to work...
  5. teresaloves2trvl
    teresaloves2trvl
    Please take my advice and eat more often. You have to get your protein and vitamins in or you will regret it. Malnutrition will make you sick. I now have neuropathy in my legs, feet, and hands because of a B vitamin deficiency due to the fact that I wasn't eating enough. No one knows if it will ever go away. You sometimes have to make yourself eat and I know how hard that is. It does get better with time though. I have started using protein powder as my hair started falling out and my labs indicated I am not getting enough protein. I have an unflavored one called Beneprotein. You can add it to just about anything and it doesn't alter the taste.
  6. jtaylorcrazy
    jtaylorcrazy
    I'm having a hard time eating slow. I'm hungry and I don't feel full. I make myself stop because I know I should...not because I'm full.