Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery with Dr. Quinones

1. Caramel292
    Caramel292
    Good afternoon! I am scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Sergio Quinones on December 6th. This is my first surgery and any tips and encouragement you can give me will be extremely appreciated. My friends don't like to talk about the idea of the me having weight loss surgery or just look at me crazy for having it. The females in my family (mother and sister) are very supportive, but the males are not. One moment I am so sure and happy about my decision to do this and then I get a naysayer reminding me of all the things that could go wrong or I just didn't try hard enough to lose weight. I have yo-yo dieted for over ten years now and each year I get heavier. My maximum weight was 254 and now I am approximately 228 - 230 pounds. I have no problems with going to gym and eating healthy, I am just at the point where I am willing to admit that I need help. That is not an easy thing to explain to people who aren't supportive so I've given up on trying to talk to them and make them understand. I am tired of the extra weight, yo-yo dieting, trying fad diets and just feeling like a rat on a treadmill. Which brings me to this forum. A place where I feel that people understand and know what I am going through. Anyway, that's my story and I look forward to walking with you on this journey.
  2. euvette
    euvette
    I just had surgery on yesterday with Dr Quinones and everything is great. Dont let anyone scare you. I was scared at first but everything went well. The only difference is in hosiptal size in the US but the personal care is pretty much the same. Hope this helps.
  3. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Don't worry about it I went alone and I came back all in one piece ALL IN ONE PIECE. No complications no issues, nothing I am totally fine. I had surgery in July. People tend to think you can only find quality healthcare in the U.S, CANADA, UK, IRELAND you know major power countries and anything other is cause for SCARE but don't let people think your body parts are going to get harvested or something is going to happen to you just because your in Mexico. In all reality your in Mexico but you are inside the entire time you don't get enough time to soak up being there. Doctor Sergio Quiñones is a CERTIFIED GENERAL SURGEON at Hospital Angeles so you have a HOSPITAL SURGEON working on you, it is not like an amateur. He is also certified at another hospital so he has his credentials in check. You have an ENTIRE GROUP here to support you on your weight loss journey hit us anytime write, I am here too.
  4. zmdh39
    Congrats euvette, I am so happy for you. I told you we wouldn't steer you wrong. Yeah, Dr. Quinones is amazing, you will love him. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. Also pheonixrise is a killer source of info
  5. Irmice
    Irmice
    How long do you have to be in mexico for in total?
  6. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    @lrmice If you fly in Friday you will be going home Monday
  7. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I am so happy for you! If you choose Dr. Quinones you will be choosing the best of the best. I had my surgery with him on October 23rd and I had the best of care! You will love the guy!!! Good luck to you!
  8. judy79
    judy79
    I can't wait!!! Can't get past the humps, and bumps of the holidays
  9. Caramel292
    Caramel292
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words. It feels great to talk to a group of people who know exactly what I am going through without me feel like a freak. I do have one quick question though: My mom has decided to come with me, she is diabetic,
    and I was wondering if there any places to eat around the facility.
  10. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Carmel if someone here doesn't know, I'd email Henry
  11. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Yes there is places to eat but ENFURY8ME knows for sure she did post what was near she took her husband, it is somewhere on here. @Caramel I tell you the HATERZ GON HATE, SO GIRL GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO HATE ON. Trust when you lose your weight AND YOU WILL, those same folks will be asking you so you went to who again? I see your fine so I guess it is fine for me to go. I KNOW, BEEN THERE HEARD THAT.
  12. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Caramel how was your surgery? How are you doing?