Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Clothes and shrinking bodies

1. Christie13
    Christie13
    How is everyone handling the weight loss and their current wardrobes? Luckily I have clothes right now bc I never threw out the ones I had outgrown. That optimism that I'd lose the weight. Well I did, just not the way I thought I would. So for now I'm good. But I know it won't be long before I have to forage in the garage for smaller sizes. I don't want to waste money on transitional clothes. There's a pretty good thrift store nearby that has nice stuff and good prices. I'm sure at some point I will have to go there. It's kind of hard with the sales right now not to want to look at the clothes. But I'd rather put my money to good use. How is everyone else doing with their oversized wardrobes?
  2. dbregina
    dbregina
    i've got some smaller sizes at home, and i'm sure friends have closets full too as some of them have been up and down. I'm looking forward to shopping come spring time, hoping by then i'm able to downsize considerably
  3. Christie13
    Christie13
    I am looking forward to buying clothes when I am at my new "normal" size. I know my sister had lost like 80 lbs in the first 4 months but then took another like 6 to lose the last 20. So I know you can't compare one person to the next but it is hard not to. I am older than her by 7 years and also she had the procedure 5 years ago. So with the age difference, my journey may be different. I guess time will tell. It is hard not to be excited about the positive changes I am seeing though. Have you had any issues with being emotional? I am euphoric most of the time. I guess because a part of me thought that maybe this would not work and I would not see weight loss. I know that sounds stupid but after struggling for years I just didn't want to be disappointed.
  4. Marian
    Marian
    I was wortied about what to wear for the holidays, but it turns out that an array of clothes I have had sitting around work well for me now. I really didn't think I was there yet. Failing to feel excited about the weight loss somehow, though. I just now am starting to perk up since the surgery. There has been a lot of reflux issues for me, and several episodes of dumping, which has left me rather weak. But the last couple of days I have managed to hold on to my food and I feel better for it.
  5. janellak
    janellak
    My work clothes are getting very loose and people have already commented I need to buy smaller clothes. I've been my larger weight so long I don't have anything smaller. I think I will buy just a few items of a smaller size and wear those a lot until it's time to change size again.

While I am excited about the weight loss I do have an almost overwhelming fear of gaining the weight back or not getting down to what I want. Right now I can't eat fresh vegetables or any of my really healthy recipes. Hopefully when I can eat those I won't worry as much about my weight.
  6. Christie13
    Christie13
    @marian I'm so sorry you're not feeling the excitement yet. Have you taken anything for the reflux? I take Prilosec and it seems to help. Have you spoken to your doctor? As for dumping I had that maybe twice in the beginning but it seems to have passed. I'm glad you're finally perking up. What day was your surgery? Mine was 11/3. I only feel bad if I eat too fast or more than 2 bites. Also I feel better when I eat more frequently. Hope you feel better soon.
  7. Christie13
    Christie13
    @janellak We're all going to be successful!!! I think we just need to be sure we maintain accountability. Let's promise each other we'll check in with the good and the bad. Any time you need to talk just pm me!! Big hugs!