Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How are all of the August VSGr's doing?

1. good2me
    good2me
    We are all now between 6 to 2 weeks post-op, Yay!! How is everyone doing?
  2. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    I'm doing pretty good so far. Able to eat and drink. 95%-98% I do get in all my liquid for the day. I am still having gas/on-off with some discomfort still, not sure if anyone else is? I have lost 32 lbs in total-yippee!!! It will be one month on 8/17, so I am happy about that. I am in a stall x 3 days or 4 days so far, but I'm Not worried, I see its normal. I am pushing to hit my calorie intake but it is hard. 600-800 is my goal and I think as of tomorrow I am suppose to be on 800-1000, WTF, really, lol. Its crazy, I can't get it all in. How is everyone else with their intake?
    How are you doing and thanks for asking.
  3. carla3
    carla3
    It will be 5 weeks tomorrow for me! I am doing well thanks for asking, hope you are too! I am having a little trouble still getting all the fluids in and the protein, but I am getting closer to the goal. I am not sure how many calories I am getting in but I don't think it's very much. I weigh tomorrow so I will know more about that then. I had lost down 21.3 pounds on the day of surgery, so now as of last Tuesday I was down 35.5 pounds total. I am so excited, I just have to do better about getting everything in that I need to.
  4. good2me
    good2me
    Awesome you guys! LadyLittleRock my intake is getting better. It really is hard to get all the protein, calories and liquid recommended with my new tiny tummy. I am still not able to tolerate my chewable bariatric vitamins unless I mix them in with my protein smoothie but that is not always convenient as I would like to grab and go my protein shakes sometimes. I do great with gummies and was just introduced to a new bariatric vitamin supplier that has the multi, sublingual iron and B12 in a gummy, YAY! The company name is Celebrate. I prefer Premier protein shakes as they taste the best, are reasonably priced (if you buy them in bulk) and have the least calories and sugar in exchange for 30g of protein per serving. Easy Peasy! Carla3 I agree that getting it all in is difficult! You are both doing so well on your weight loss, congratulations! My stats are: I am 6 weeks post-op, have lost 49 lbs total since pre-op and 26 lbs total since surgery. I had a week long stall on the 3rd week (found out there is such a thing as the 3rd week stall reference in the VSG community) then only lost 4 lbs the following week. It was super frustrating but I made it through and am satisfied with my progress. I have more energy and feel better about myself and life in general. My favorite protein foods right now are the Quest bars, eggs, turkey, salmon, greek yogurt, laughing cow spreads, Premier shakes and cottage cheese. I still like popsicles and sugar free pudding and Jell-O if I start craving something sweet. Keep in Touch
  5. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    Hi Carla, great weight loss for sure, you lost a lot during your pre-op stage too. How long was your pre-op That's awesome. It is very hard getting in the food intake and the liquid intake. Isnt that so crazy, lol.
    Hiya Good2me, congrats on your weightloss so far, 49 lbs is no joke in 6 weeks, how long were you on pre-op? I am going to look into that Premier for the protein shakes, cuz right now I am using Whey wheat from Walmart-costs about 17 bucks and its low in calories, sugars and carbs and has the same amount of protein. Only problem is flavors, only chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate, strawberry and vanilla-I guess its not too bad, but it does get boring. How are the gummy digesting for you? Right now I am taking both dissolvable multi. vit and b12. I have a liquid calcium and vit D, but haven't started it yet, lol. I hate liquid.
    Oh also, I was told I haven't hit my stall yet, since on the 3 days I stood at 194, since I lost ounces. Im like really what, that don't count, but I guess any weight lost is weight loss. Today I am 193.2 Best wishes
  6. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    I do have a question but I wanted to ask it separately.
    I have been having on/off heartburn, which I get that is normal. But I am also having what I think is stomach spasms on/off. Plus gases and a bit bloated. I am taking gas x on/off, tums for heart burn on/off, using an ice pack for the spasms. Plus when I sit while driving or at the pc, or what have you, I guess my fat rolls fall on top of each other (stomach is compacted) or whatever and puts pressure on my stomach and its bothersome. Not painful, but bothersome, to enough where you notice. Discomfort feeling.
    Anyone having any of this symptoms? if so what are you doing?
    I did go to the Urgent care, because I freak out and obsess over things, I wanted to be rest assured. But they were really no help. Yes they told me this can be common, gave me a medicine for spasms, but that will mask the underlying reason and to contact my surgeon, because he is an expert and deals with this on a daily most likely. When I asked about doing an xray or u/s to make sure there was no serious issue, he basically told me it would be no point to do it, because it wouldn't show much. Like really. And that unless I am having some serious symptoms, I shouldn't worry, I guess that is true, I knew that, that's y I didn't want to go to the ER. Yet at the same time, my pain threshold is very high. I might have a certain pain like someone else, and they might be scaling on a 8-10 and yet me, scale the same pain as a 2-4. That's my concern.
  7. good2me
    good2me
    Hi LadyLitteRock! I lost 26 lbs pre-op and 25 (now) lbs post op for a total of 51. It seems like a lot but the first 26 was lost from beginning of May until my surgery in August. I actually feel like I am losing slow but have to remember that I didn't put on all this weight overnight either and that so much is going to change in this next year. I was using some of the powder protein for awhile to mix with my vitamins but can not stomach it anymore, I literally want to vomit just thinking about it. Inspire has a ton of different flavors of protein powder if you are looking for more variety. I tolerate the gummies just fine and have actually added fiber gummies to my daily mix to combat the awful constipation that goes along with weight loss surgery. Congrats on making it into Onederland!! I can't wait until I am there I have had a bit of acid reflux since surgery and cannot tolerate spiciness at all now (I used to love eating HOT, spicy foods . If I were having the symptoms that you are I would make sure to update your surgeon on your condition so that they can determine if it is getting any worse and treat you for it. Best wishes to you!
  8. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    Hi Good2me, I recently came out of the hospital My symptoms continued the same, so I finally went to the ER. They kept me from the 9/20-9/29 on IVF fluids, Nutrition, antibiotics, heart burn medicine, nausea/vomiting medicine too. At first they thought it was a leak or an abscess or an ulcer, but looks like it was more inflammation, irritation, swelling, gas build up. I haven't seen the films or the report, but they treated me like if I did have a leak or abscess just to be safe. Also the antibiotics help with lowering the inflammation, it also will help with any hidden infection. Since I was discharged home, with my picc line to continue antibiotics and nutrition, so not to rush eating or drinking just yet. OMG I have had 3 ct scans since 9/20/15 crazy. Since I started my liquid diet on 10/6 my nausea and urge to vomit has gone away along with the heartburn. I have a feeling, they had me on too many medicines Intravenously plus the flushing of the IV line, and that was not helping my symptoms at all. But its passed now. I did hit a stall I guess the IVF also have a high calorie intake compared to what I was eating/drinking, I gained 2lbs. Hopefully, I will be able to stop the IVF, im so tired of them. lol need to fill normal again.
    I am down though in total 38 lbs. so that's a positive sign
    good luck on your journey and please keep me updated. Take care and best wishes to all August sleevers
  9. good2me
    good2me
    LadyLitteRock you are in my thoughts and I am sending healing thoughts and positive vibes your way. I am so sorry to hear about your extended stay at the hospital. Was that due to the original stomach spasms that you were having that your doctor minimized? I'm glad that things are starting to look up for you a little bit. I think a stall is the least of your worries and I have no doubt that you will be on the losers bench soon enough. Do they know yet if you have a leak or an abscess since they are still doing the IVF? I posted a link in the main forum a few months ago that is a news story about many of Dr. Almanza's patients having severe complications and even dying. I have seen several more negative articles about him since that time and was wondering what you thought of your experience? Please get better fast and keep in touch. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!
    I am vlogging on YouTube so you can see my updates here if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs0...EvVV1YTNSAUqmw