Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Preop Diet.... its only been 4 hours!

1. martinez88
    martinez88
    I've started my preop diet and I am so hungry! My meal this morning consisted of my protein drink blended with 4 strawberries a banana and ice.... I was able to get 3 glasses from that... I drank my first glass at 6 am next one at 7:30 and the last glass at 930ish with some water in between, and I am so hungry oh yeah and I also had sugarfree jello cup! Ive always been so used to my bacon egg biscuit for breakfast and munching on crackers or chips while i was hungry and I understand that because of that I weigh what I weigh....I guess my question is what would yall eat or drink to not feel hungry? My lunch hour is coming up and I plan to have my pure protein drink and a cucumber, but am I even able to eat cucumbers? Cucumbers are mostly made up of water so why not? They say i can have fruit or veggies in my smoothie, but why cant I eat in in whole form? Please help! I know all this is for a good reason but I'm hungry!!!!!
  2. Aprilel1
    Aprilel1
    Great question I start my preo-op tomorrow I'm so nervous because I love food I don't know how I'm going to handle only smoothies!
  3. ChefMissy
    ChefMissy
    I just posted about being ravenous on another group, and I don't even start my pre-op diet until Thursday! ! I have been eating well (low carb/high protein ) since 12/26 and have lost about 35 pounds. I've been fine, but now I'm suddenly wanting to eat everything that isn't nailed down. I know it has to be a mental thing because I'm afraid I'll be sooo hungry, like you, on the pre-op (and probably also has to do with the long term eating change with the upcoming surgery. ) I'm anxious to hear how others got through it.
  4. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    I'm still a few days away from starting my pre-op diet, but i'm eating like there is no tomorrow. Even though I overeat at meal time, I'm snacking waaaay more than normal. I'm staring down the pre-op diet start date and i'm dreading it. I'm going to start re-directing.
  5. mrseboka0
    mrseboka0
    hi the preop diet was so hard for me I started early, because I knew my will power was non exsistant
  6. Rosepetals65
    Rosepetals65
    I have had to do the pre-op at least 3 times in this lifetime once 2010 for lapband; second for the removal of lapband; and not looking forward to the third which starts 3/17/15 for my 3/27th surgery date and i know that it will be the last for me because i plan to focus on my sleeve and the amount of weight i want to lose' - buying pretty clothes - sleeping better - getting off some of this medicine - playing with my grands -not being out of breathe .... so those times helped me before and i hope the help me again .... WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  7. deedod
    deedod
    I haven't got my surgery date firmed up yet, but I'm curious about the whole preop diet stuff any way. How long does Dr A. want us to do it and what exactly does it consist of? Is it just (like that's easy, right) 10 days like Rosepetals has and what are we suppose to have. Just smoothies, or protein shakes, or what. Where do you buy the stuff? Do they send you stuff? Is the jello eaten prepared or in liquid form? I, too am nervous about this.