Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone else on May 18th 2015? Some tips too included!

1. AmberNurse
    AmberNurse
    I finally decided to take the plunge and have my lapband revised into the gastric sleeve. Merry Christmas to me! LOL I am having my surgery with Dr. A on May 18th and would like to see if anyone else is going that day too? We will be arriving earlier so I can sight see before surgery in case I don't feel up to it afterwards.

I am a nurse educator and have researched Dr. A ALOT and I am confident in my decision and think with my nursing background that will help me out with the staff. You can take the negative posts for whats its worth but it seems all positive outweighs the negative from what I have seen!

Something else to consider too: get into as best of shape you can before surgery that will help you out afterwards. Drink your water now and get into habits we have to get into anyways! I am starting to walk more, lift simple weights etc.

So if your date is the same as mine let me know and I can look out for you and you look out for me My husband and daughter will be coming too and trust me if you are all alone---we will look out for you!

Excited!

Amber
  2. N2DVN
    N2DVN
    He is an excellent surgeon! you can some great tips. I would also suggest cutting out all caffeine pre-op! You don't want withdrawals during recovery!

Here are some tips that I posted after my surgery:
    Gastric Sleeve Forum - N2DVN - Blogs
    http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/b...bed-video.html
  3. martinez88
    martinez88
    I have a question!!! When scheduling with Dr. Almanza im going through weigh tloss agency. com and they charge you 250.00? did they ask for a copy of the card and your id?? that feels so fishy to me why do they want copies? my main concern is fraud! The surgery will be done @ HMN Hospital any reiews on them?? please help scheduled for March 2nd but I haven't paid deposit... Nobody has been able to confirm with me whether this is a scam or really is true... have heard good things about Dr. Kelly and Dr. Alvarez, haven't really seen any recent comments about Dr. Almanza!! Help!!!