Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

General tips and information

1. Journey Tobeme
    Journey Tobeme
    I will try to amend any recipe that I think would be good. If a recipe calls for something store bought like canned or frozen I sub produce I grew and processed myself. If I don't grow it I try a local farm or co-op. Last resort is a health food store to buy organic.

I try to use as much fresh and local ingredients as possible. I stay away from store bought mixed spices because of hidden sodium. I only use Himalayan Salt , Pink or Black depending on the recipe. I also prefer to grind my own spices. I dehydrate garlic and onion to make seasonings. Mass produced is ok in a pinch but the flavor is nothing compared to fresh spices. I grow basil, oregano, cilantro, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, and so on then dry. It keeps a very long time if it is stored properly.

When you heat food above 105 degrees you start destroying the nutrition. This is why animal products protein is very different after cooking. It retains very little of the vitamins and about half the protein. That 22 grams of protein is effectively less than 11 after cooking. Enjoying raw plant foods keeps all the nutrition intact.

Micronutrients are huge for healthy eating. If anyone is interested I am willing to open a discussion about this.

I am sure there is a lot of information I am skipping. I will add to this post as I think of things.
  2. Dimplezzz2002
    Dimplezzz2002
    Are you able to ingest the minimum 60 daily grams of protein plant based? If so, could you share with me a typical days menu? Thanks.