Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

almost a month out and my weight loss has slowed

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    Ill be a month out next wed and my weight loss has slowed. Has anyone else experienced this and it this normal. Im still on the soft food phase plus I have thyroid issues so im not sure what the culprit can be. I start on regular diet next month and it scares me especially since ive already slowed on weight loss
  2. 1happygrl
    1happygrl
    I am almost a month out and I have slowed in weight loss too. I have only lost about a pound this week after an 8 day plateau. I was starting to get nervous. I have lost about 23 pounds so far. I have heard that plateaus are normal and that as long as we stick to the plan we will continue to loose. I am not worried about starting the solid food only because I eat so much less with solids. I know I won't be able to drink as many calories as I am now. The first 2 months should be the easiest weight loss and after that exercise will be what keeps us loosing.

This is what is considered "normal"
    "With good follow-up, patients can expect to lose 50-60% of their excess body weight within three years with an average weekly weight loss of 1-2 pounds. For example, if you weighed 210 pounds above your ideal body weight, you could lose 105 pounds."

Don’t worry this too shall pass.
  3. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    I am 6 weeks out tomorrow and feel my weightloss hasn't really got going, I came out of the gate in a stall. Hoping I have a decent weigh in tomorrow. I have been on regular food for a bit and feel it has helped my metabolism to be eating again. My body after years of dieting I think shuts down when I start limiting my calories so hopefully I will be on my way to goal.
  4. Chonda
    Chonda
    I'm post op a month and 2 days.... (feb 17 was surgery date)... I've really only lost 18 lbs since surgery... 14 pre op for a total of 32 lbs as of Monday. I only weigh on Mondays as weighing myself everyday makes me feel like I'm not losing... I feel like I'm slow at loosing but everyone says otherwise... I just mentally we just want to see those glorious big loss numbers appear. I've come to terms with as long as I'm losing I'm okay... I started walking 2 miles a day this week in hopes to see an improvement in numbers.. we shall see!!!
  5. tina2-18-2014
    tina2-18-2014
    Week 3 for me I went 7 days and did not loose anything until this morning now I am down 3 more pounds.
  6. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I wish I didn't have to weigh myself every day but I have to in order to make sure my congestive heart failure stays in check.
  7. Raven
    Raven
    1happygrl has the right of it. We are all in a similar "boat" and it feels like it "should be" more or "should be" faster but as long as we keep doing what we are supposed to do and make sure we exercise then we will achieve our goals.

~ Corvus
  8. jamie99d
    jamie99d
    My date was 2/17, the past 10 days I did not lose anything, but got on the scale this morning and lost 2lbs. Down 40lbs total since my preop diet starting 2/3!!
  9. Cwang88
    Cwang88
    Ok so maybe I'm not alone in this. I've been fluctuating 4 oz for the last week. My surgeon wants me weighing every morning. I have been drinking caloric drinks such as orange juice. I'm working on not doing that. I just want flavor. Also my surgeon's goal for me is to be down 20 lbs by 4/22. At this rate I'm not going to get there. I am frustrated.